Leveling THETA S 360 Video

I thought my Theta S had lost its Auto leveling, but it is possible to level a 360 video in Pano2VR thanks again to Hopki (Martin Hopkins Garden gnome Software) giving advises, Pano2VR has so many great functions, and we find new ones every day amassing bit of software.

http://svendus.se/timbercottage/#node5

I think we found the course of the mischief, the preview image was not leveled so it should have been run in the RICOH THETA AP Write with top/bottom correction

The preview image with top-bottom correction R0010677_xmp.jpg

Without top-bottom correction R0010677.jpg

Regards Svendus

1 Like

Is the preview image you’re referring to, the preview in Pano2VR?

I’m not sure what applications use the XMP data or how the XMP data is used. I understand it has some pitch, yaw, roll, heading info, but I’m not sure if all apps use this or only some apps from Adobe and Garden Gnome use it.

Also, why wouldn’t the THETA camera embed the XMP data into the image from the beginning? Why is the extra manual step needed?

Is the XMP data new and Ricoh chose not to support it as the default format?

Just curious as to your thoughts.

In Pano2VR you have to use a Preview image to be able to place Hotpots and Info Spots
and Leveling of the Video are also done in this image

When the 360 Video loads on a old System, Browser unable Viewing 360 Video the Preview image are seen

Also, why wouldn’t the THETA camera embed the XMP data into the image from the beginning? Why is the extra manual step needed?

Because the camera missed to write this info, so i think i have to reset the camera.