Multi Bracket Shooting Settings Now Available

Thank you! I don’t mind the in camera stitching wait usually processes as I walk room to room anyway. Is there a similar app that will have the functions to set the stop’s between bracketed shots in and also provide a in camera stitched JPG?

I usually set 2 stops apart on 3 shot brackets, 1 stop apart on 5 shot brackets and if I really need detail I’ll go 1/2 stop apart on 9 shot brackets…

Thanks again I’ve been needing this help for a long time it’s been frustrating to get these settings.

Do you have a Z1 or a V? If you’re using a Z1, the workflow may be different as you may want to use DNG (RAW) images.

This is another option to output EXR files that you can then put into Photoshop to adjust the color/light for difficult lighting shots.

If you’re using a V and want to deal with equirectangular images at different stops beyond the automatic pre-set HDR stops, you have to have some way to merge the images. The automatic “HDR” or “Handheld HDR” inside the THETA V camera does not give you the flexibility of setting the stops you want.

You can use the mobile app to take multiple bracketed shots automatically at pre-set exposures. However, the camera will not merge these automatically inside the camera. If you take 5 shots with custom exposure, you will have 5 images that you need to merge after your shoot. You can use Photoshop or Luminance HDR (free).

If you want to take images quickly, your best strategy is likely the built-in HDR with non-changeable presets. If you have a tough shot with light from a window and a nice furniture in the shadow or the doorway to a darker area (and thus suffer from image noise), you likely need to take bracketed equirectangular shots and merge them after the shoot with Photoshop (which is the most common technique).