Ricoh's 360 Image Business Cloud Opens as a Pilot Service in North America

theta360.biz pilot service is available in North America only through an exclusive invite-only program. Request an invite today by clicking Contact information and completing the request form.

Request Access Now

Business Web Application For 360 Content Creation

THETA360.biz enables you to save 360 degree images from the RICOH THETA in the cloud and then use HTML code to embed a 360 degree image viewer on your website. This allows your customers to view 360 degree images without using a special application. theta360.biz can easily create 369 image tours with a special tool that is provided.

Business Stability and Support by Ricoh

Camera and cloud are optimized to work together. Firmware updates for the THETA can be quickly supported by the cloud service. The service is monitored and managed by Ricoh 24 hours a day.

Request Access Now

Tour View

Embed Code

<blockquote data-width="690" data-height="452" class="ricoh-theta-tour-image" ><a href="https://ricoh.theta360.biz/t/a4f2fe9a-f55b-11e5-99cf-066792e2555f-1"></a></blockquote><script async src="https://ricoh.theta360.biz/t_widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Annotations and Embedded 360 Images

Captions

Request Access Now

2 Likes

My First Impressions of theta360.biz

This is a repost of a review of the service that I wrote a while ago during the beta test phase in Japan. It illustrates how easy it is to create 360 tours with theta360.biz. I updated some parts of the post for the new system.

main interface

I created a mockup of a used car marketing system using the trial account. It only took me an hour. I created the demo to encourage @jcasman and my son to help me finish the Raspberry Pi controller bits to take the images of the car with a single-purpose standalone portable system. My intent was to use the theta360.biz API to upload and manage the images. Sadly, the two other people on the team (my son and @jcasman) pulled out of the challenge before we were able to win a hackathon :frowning: Here’s an example of the system we were working on. I also finished the Raspberry Pi controller prototype with touchscreen, but did not connect it to the theta360.biz API. Though, I’m now thinking of doing this again with an improved interface based on JavaScript, not the SDL graphics system in the video.

RICOH’s commercial 360 image hosting system is designed for businesses. It is optimized for use by staff in industries such as real estate, travel, and automotive sales. The system is in large-scale production use in Japan by large companies. People in the US can gain access to the pilot system.

Feature Overview

• Browser-based editor and site manager. No download required
  • Grouping of 360 images into a single site with navigation
  • Navigation from within the sphere to another sphere
  • Text and labels can be attached inside of the sphere
  • API access
  • Scrolling through spheres
  • Multi-role for different staff (technical admin, clerical updates)

My Experience with theta360.biz

Site Builder

Graphical tool to easily build and host sites. Suitable for use by non-technical staff.

Live Site Demo

Map Builder

THETA image spheres can be attached to a navigational map with drag and drop ease.

Upload a catalog of 360 images that can be attached to your map with your mouse. The map can be areas of a car, the floor plan of a house, the rooms in a restaurant, or other.

Field of view can be shown on map.

Analytics

There is also a decent amount of analytics included, with data represented graphically. Data can be downloaded in CSV format for use in spreadsheets. Time periods can be customized. This should be useful for many different types of business applications.

Pageviews

Analytics Export

Date and Sphere Ranges

Security and Roles

The site also allows basic security roles and permissions to be easily configured by the administrator. This allows quick setup for larger teams with various roles.

User Management

API Authentication and Control

Sample image POST.

Player Settings

1 Like

theta360.biz web API and technical documentation

The web API documentation was recently updated a few weeks ago.

There’s some technical documentation that still is only in Japanese. These are:

• WebAPI usage
  • Display specification
  • Custom key usage method

The documentation is accessible here:

If there’s interest in an English translation, @jcasman and I can take a crack at it.

1 Like

Yep, happy to help with Japanese to English translation needs! I’ve registered with theta360.biz, too, so when I (hopefully) get my credentials for access, I’ll be working through it, too.

I have not received my credentials yet either from the new form I filled out yesterday. I’m using the test account I received during the beta period when I filled out the Japanese form a while ago.

As the API documentation is only in Japanese, we could create a wiki on this site and work on the translation together. Any idea where to place the wiki?

1 Like

I think we could use the wiki functions in Discourse. Or we could try using some wiki software like Mediawiki. Here’s a post on installing Mediawiki on Digital Ocean.

I think we should use the wiki functions in Discourse. If you get a chance to look at the API document, feel free to get it started on Discourse. If it put it on DigitalOcean, it’s one more service we need to maintain.

1 Like