Shooting with one len at a time

thetav
plugin

I read that theta z1 has a plug-in tajt allow you to take on photo with one len at a time so you don’t have to hide anymore when you are doing virtual tours or anything. So, this is a plug-in thing, does anyone would like to program something like this. There is already one plug-in similar, that takes the photo but is not stiched. What do you think? It is possible. Yeah, right?. Theta V rules…

2 Likes

This is a good idea. It’s possible to take two dual fisheye or equirectangular images and merge them together to eliminate the photographer. There’s a contest on now. Maybe someone will build this idea.

3 Likes

Xavier,

I was just thinking about writing a plug-in for this. I’ve been talking to a couple people who wanted one. Can you tell me how you’d use it? You want to use it for virtual tours? How is that an advantage?

Jesse

Hi, yes I will use it to take virtual tours walk through mode and normal mode, but also single shoots when there is no where to hide. The idea is that after the theta had taken the two photos, the camera stich them and then we have the photo without us, that simply the editing process. You will make a huge favor to everyone. :wink:

Hi again, so will you consider it made this plug-in for theta V? :pray:.

Xavier,

Glad to know you’re enthusiastic. Can you tell me how you’d use it? You want to use it for virtual tours? How is that an advantage?

Jesse

Hi, yes I will use it to take virtual tours walk through mode and normal mode, but also single shoots when there is no where to hide. The idea is that after the theta had taken the two photos, the camera stich them and then we have the photo without us, that simply the editing process. You will make a huge favor to everyone.

Also I had another idea, a plug-in so you can shoot and put the nadir of your company on the shoot.

Thanks for reading me

Thanks for the extra info, Xavier. Back in touch soon.

2 Likes

Xavier,

Something for you to try out!

https://pluginstore.theta360.com/plugins/com.theta360.singlelensshooting/

19%20PM

Please test and let me know what you think.

Jesse

Hi, I just try it, but it didn’t work. Or I don’t know how to use it. I saw the image from a ip that theta send me to open in a browser, then I see what one len see, but instead of taking one picture with one len, it take on picture with the two lens… :see_no_evil:

Hi again. I try today several times, it appears that when I take the photo I only have one second to move, is so fast that it doesn’t matter how fast a walk to the other side of the len, that still the len capt me a little bit, it would be great if I can select the timer. I really don’t know when do I have to walk to the other side, I have a clue, when it makes the first sound I walk to the other side and wait to the second sound. Or maybe that is not the way to do it.