THETA X reducing latency for livestreaming

Is there any update here, I am doing the similar thing by remote streaming 360 video to a meta quest headset to control a Robot. Theta X is the only in-device stitching around 1k camera. We don’t want to try insta360 pro which is too expensive or build ourselves’ by stitching multiple cameras. I haven’t got a chance to try rtsp plugin, before my developer registration approved.
What I am doing now is live streaming by usb cable connecting to linux desktop, and ffmpeg to rtsp server and webrtc it to remote. By this way we can do a 2K video with about 2s latency, which is too high for the runtime operation.

you can likely get lower than 2s latency. However, I don’t think you’ll be able to adequately control a flying drone unless the drone has some level of autonomous flying capability.

The example below uses the Janus WebRTC Server

Thanks for your reply.
I kind of figured out some clue on Theta x. When I connect it to a charger and wirelessly stream to my rtmp server, streaming can last 9 mins with as low as 200ms latency. And then, it will get overheat, plugin will crash and need to be restarted, and latency will go up to 1-2 seconds.

If I put it under sun shine, I don’t know it will work for 3mins or less.
Theta X is my only theta now, I am wondering is any of the V or Z better than X on my case? Is it able to stream 360 video more than 1hour without crash on V or Z?

The Z1 has a higher thermal shutdown. The V is discontinued, but may also work if you can find a used one.

Do you have the most up-to-date firmware on the THETA X? There was some additional thermal management features added. The newest firmware is 2.21.0.