Z1 Firmware update 2.10.3 - Heating issues

I asked someone at RICOH familiar with the firmware testing. There are no known issues or changes that would have affected the heat management between 1.80.1 and 2.00.1.

I understand that your tests indicate a problem. The main point is that there is no known problem that anyone could have let you know ahead of time. No one knew about the problem.

Your point about getting the beta firmware to developers is valid. However, there is no process to release beta firmware to developers right now.

working with developers around firmware updates is part of a bigger issue. Improvements will take time.

1 Like

understood! I can just say, that something has changed with CPU usage, too many cycles were used by the main activity of the app and as far as I can tell these changes were done in firmware somehow, clearly it wasn’t part of the plan just a side effect. Thanks, Craig! I wonder if I could improve Theta X operation time with similar approach?

If you can improve stream time beyond the free wireless live streaming plug-in from RICOH, it would create more of a reason to buy your plugin and service.

1 Like