4 Libraries That Let You Embed a Watermark Into an Image - RICOH THETA Plug-in Development

addingawatermark

Development with RICOH THETA V plug-ins allows an incredibly wide range of options for using tools and libraries to manipulate images on-camera for editing purposes. The user can take a picture, have it manipulated immediately, and then sent to a mobile phone or online cloud service. One example is detecting and blurring faces found within an image.

Depending on your workflow, you may want to do post-processing after the images are taken by the THETA. This is can also be a great solution.

See Getting Started with Plug-ins for an excellent listing of plug-ins and plug-in code in the theta360.guide Developers and Users Guides.

Using a RICOH THETA plug-in you may want to apply a watermark to images that are taken with your RICOH THETA V. OpenCV is widely used and often cited as an excellent image manipulation library. ImageMagick is a good alternative with 20+ language interfaces to choose from. There are other libraries that work well, depending on your operating system or language needs.

Full blog post here.

I have experience building Python apps for Android phones, but I have not tried to build Python apps for the THETA V. This would be interesting to try.

The article below lists some methods for getting Python working on Android.

I have experience with Kivy and RAPT (Ren’Py Android Packaging Tool). I would like to build another Python project as I like the syntax.

Let me know if you can run a Python plug-in on the THETA V.

1 Like