HDR Wireless Live streaming(Flow Tours) - 4K resolution in YouTube Live

hi, Craig!

I tried again to reply there, but it got removed every time in a minute or so…

@porchLogic hi, I’m developing an advanced wireless live streaming plugin at the moment and have a question. If I understand you want to live stream only a certain view, like regular video, so that viewer would be able to see just that one fixed angle during the live stream? And in top of that you would like to control directly that view angle during the live stream, is this correct? You may consider joining the FB group of the plugin I’m working on, search on facebook for Ricoh Theta Z1(or X) “HDR Wireless Live Streaming” Plugin

Regards,
Laszlo

This is crazy that your comments are being deleted by YouTube. I copied your comment here onto YouTube.

Do you want to try using an VPN to make the comment appear that it is coming from a US IP address?

This is horrible that YouTube is automatically banning your comments.

We’ve whitelisted your accounts.

I suspect there is a higher-level YouTube filter that may ban blocks of IP addresses.

hi, @craig ,
yes it’s seems so… Also as I noticed in past YT just removes lot of my past live streams, not sure about their logic behind. I do not think actually that I did anything “wrong” by giving any disturbing, or reported comments anywhere in past to ban or filter me. :slight_smile:

I will check for a VPN once I get there, thanks for putting my comment there.

Laszlo

From what I can tell from research online and reading the online comments, I do not think it is a “banned behavior”. I believe that YouTube has some type of filter that may ban blocks of IP addresses.

1 Like

Hi folks,

I’ve been testing the beta version of HDR-WLS plugin to enjoy Live streaming in 360 under the shining sun, not in the pigpen office. However, the high temperture is my enemy…

Note that; Set the resolution to 720s or higher to avoid the devil's tail.

Yep. I’ve decided to re-start the live streaming in 360 with using Z1(4K YouTube) thanks to the support of Flow Tours.

If you also hope to test it, contact the developer @biviel and follow the steps as below.

Steps;

1. Set the path to adb command in your Windows10/11 device.

2. Install the apk file.

3. Use Vysor to change the permissions.

4. Set “Preset” in the box.
    ss3_2022-09-19

5. Grab the Stream Key and URL in YouTube Studio.

6. Open your account in Flow Tours and input them.

7. Start the HDR-WLS plugin in your Z1.

Useful adb commands;
Press “Shift” key and click the right button to open PowerShell.

adb devices -l (to check the device info)
adb install xxx.apk

Hope you enjoy.
Toyo

2 Likes

@Juantonto , thanks a lot for testing!

I’m not sure about effect of my latest changes on operation time in “extreme” conditions. That’s why it’s really helpful that you help me in testing! Here in Hungary, temperature dropped significantly, so indoor there is around 22-24°C (~73°F) temperature.

Yesterday evening I started to stream in 24FPS, with HDR quality, 20mbps to YouTube and today morning it was still running. :partying_face: During night temperature went down till 71°F , ~21.5°C.

When temperature is above 25-26°C I will do some tests in our bathroom. :slight_smile: and let you also know!

But this will not stop me from packing and sending to Ricoh Store the updated plugin. Thanks all of you, @Juantonto , @craig , @jcasman for your help and support to get here!

If there’s a beta version, I can try test it later in the week from the office, which is air-conditioned. However, I may be able to test it with Ethernet, which could be interesting.

Hi, @craig , i missed your comment seems, sorry for delay…

It would be good if you could test, thanks! I’m confused now, are you saying you can use ethernet at Z1?

Just got approved by Ricoh, first time sharing here

2 Likes

Oh, the Ethernet doesn’t work with the Z1. I was was confused. I’ll test the plug-in with the Z1 when I get to the office.

1 Like

I was able to stream with it in same room much much longer than with original wireless streaming plugin and in much better (HDR equirectangular) video mode at the same time, with 24FPS vs. in Ricoh’s plugin only 12FPS was there and non HDR video mode. Looking forward to see your test! :slight_smile: Thanks in advance!!

And by much longer it means for 2-3 hours when I stopped. In same room I was able to stream with Ricoh’s wireless live streaming plugin for an hour and 9 minutes. If I set my plugin to non HDR video more, just regular equirectangular, I think it can stream forever in same environment (~23°C, ~74°F).

Got error after 6:13 minutes. Not a heat error.

State

Attempt 2

Non HDR is not as clear, likely similar to Wireless Live Streaming Plug-in from RICOH, but with easier setup

Stream health is good.

At 10minutes, I have thermometer warning icon on the Z1 body.

Still running at 20 minutes. Camera body feels fine.

still running at 30 minutes

My office network dropped at 1hr 8 minutes, likely a problem with my office network.

1 Like

Video review of 2.0

1 Like

Hi, @craig , thanks for checking! I looked at your configuration settings. You were recording and streaming at the same time? That’s the most intensive and generates lot of heat usually, if you stream only or record it works much longer . Also if any equirectangular mode is used, 24 fps or below is preferred…

Also I found a way to extend operation length:

1. Stream or Record with external powerbank or adapter plugged in
  2. Charging will start and will charge during live streaming or recording
  3. After some time (10-20-30 minutes, depending of environment and configuration settings), charging will stop and at this point it will get interesting!
  4. Right after charging stops, camera is not consuming power from battery, BUT from the external power (adapter or power bank) and camera will cool down slowly if temperature is 25°C or less it work stream for hours in non HDR mode, if temperature is 23°C or less, it can stream forever even in HDR modes.

If Ricoh would be able to provide an option to disable charging programmatically if a plugin requests that, it would be even more efficient as camera could work completely from external power so even at the beginning less heat would be produced. When you stream from internal battery only at the end it caused me shorter operation times, probably because also while battery is used it increases heat a bit during operation…

Thanks again!

1 Like

I will retest this fine plugin soon.

How do I delete the videos that were saved to the camera?

Strong interest in this type of technology from the community on YouTube. Our YouTube Studio lists this as 1 of 10 (top out of the last 10 videos). I expect this to grow over time.

retest

starting new test.

Connection dropped at 6:34 min. Likely my office network

stopped plug-in and restarted test.

Temperature warning icon on the body of the camera is on. This was the third test in a row and the camera was already warm at the beginning of the test.

quality very good at 16:54

hi, @craig ,
thanks for testing again! Not sure what is wrong, it may be your network, please try with a lower bandwidth once you have time. How long did it run when you restarted?

Hopefully more people will join and trying out this plugin.

For now you have to delete manually from folder DCIM/camera…

still strong at 30 minutes using HDR equirectangular.

how hot is in there in the office?

It’s cool. I’m going out to lunch. Stream is at 54 minutes. No problems.

1 Like

Could you share the temperature please approx.? Are you using any air conditioning device is there an open window, any airflow in the office? Thabks,looks great and in h.265 streamed to my own platform it looks even better…

likely about 25C in air-conditioned office. No open windows.

Error Code: CAPTURE_HW_FAILED

I checked DCIM and there was no video recording, so I’m assuming that the settings are accurate