Is there any C++ wrapper for exiftool for extracting metadata

I have tried to use tinyxiff and easyexif but the data reported is different or is incomplete in comparison to the exiftool output. I was wondering is there any usb api command or wrapper that can provide complete metadata for jpeg image.

Can you advise if you are running the command inside the camera as a plug-in with NDK or if you are downloading the image to another device first and then extracting the metadata there.

From inside the camera with a plug-in, you can access the webapi on a local web server running inside the camera. The webapi has a command to get the metadata of the image, but it is not complete. Please provide a little more information on your use case.

camera._getMetadata

1 Like

Sorry for the late reply. Its been a while but I am sharing my results for others to benefit. For now there is no C++ API for RICOH Theta and Z1 to extract metadata. Most of us use libptp based interface to control the camera. In order to extract metadata exiv2 (GitHub - Exiv2/exiv2: Image metadata library and tools) library can be used and has been working quite well for me.

To answer @craig 's question I wasnt running commands inside the camera. It was vis USB interface using libptp.

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing Exiv2.

I’ve been using exiftool on the command line to test the images.

Exiv2 looks nice.

1 Like