Wireless Live Streaming in HDR

I think that for me RicDynamicStitchingLoad Stitching mode may be the key, but I was not able to find any code samples or reference how to use it?When to set parameter RicDynamicStitchingSave? Need to stop camera between Save and Load, I couldn’t make it work yet. If you have any thoughts please let me know! Thanks in advance!

Is there a central location to discuss FlowTours on this site?

In particular, I’m wondering if the FlowTours streaming service allows control of the orientation of the stream that the audience views?

Comment is on this video:

RICOH THETA Live Streaming Tutorial with OBS - YouTube

If FlowTours and your plug-in can allow broadcasters to control the default orientation of a view, then the service can function as a type of tour guide.

If there is more than one camera stream on FlowTours, then the audience can switch between tour guide mode and self-guided mode.

hi, @craig , In my system I’m planning to implement a similar feature. When live streaming to my own platform, there would be a regular 360 live stream playback and in the cornet another AI driven view would be visible too. In particular by default this view would show automatically the face of the presenter or the man closest to the camera, or in theory could use some very simple object detection to focus on. However because of live stream and to minimize latency, this has to be very simple and clear detection, like a special drawing attached to the body of the target, etc. This is not implemented yet, but takes an important place in my plan. The end result would be that broadcasters could even upload their own object detection algorithm or preselect a few of these basic presets.
Also when the viewer clicks on these smaller panes it will switch that view to full screen and clicking again would minimize it to right corner again and the 360 view would become dominant again. Implementation of this will start next…

I was on a longer vacation, reviewing my work and still struggle with some challenges in plugin.

In case you have any more questions, let me know!

Feel free to put a link to the youtube comment, linking to this answer from my end as I may not be able to put my comment there. Thanks!

2 Likes

I posted the comment.

What is the youtube channel URL you are using to post comments on the YouTube channel? I would like to whitelist your YouTube account using your YouTube channel URL.

There may be niche that your own service could fill. MimoLive used to support this type of streaming, but no longer does.

old mimolive feature set with THETA S

text on live stream

Control Centering

Twitter feed inserted into live stream

presentation slide inserted into live stream

hi, @craig ,
My channel URL is: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0WDEkhoDJ11-pelEi2wkdw

Interesting, thanks for sharing!

mimolive seems for me it’s a commercial software to download to desktop and use it there, connect Theta S was supported to connect to desktop by cable and to mimolive software app, do you know?

I’m planning to support all 360 cams but clearly, need to do some POC’s once I get there…
My main concept is to eliminate need for additional equipment and achieve something similar but without desktop app/cable requirements. All purely on HTTP and front end of web…

I added the channel to our whitelist for the channel. It seems like there is some bug in the YouTube algorithm that is filtering comments from your geographic area. I would love to have your comments on the channel. I sent a message to YouTube support using the “Send feedback” feature. I’ll see if that makes any difference.

yes, it is desktop software. The connection was with the RICOH THETA S and a USB cable. The output from the THETA S was motionjpeg over USB. there was also the option to output HDMI direct from the camera.

It seems like the market conditions are better now for live streaming events:

• more bandwidth available
  • COVID restrictions encouraged people to try out online experiences

@craig,
whatever you did, it worked, thank you! I was able to comment today, which I did. I’m kind a lost a bit in summer and frustrated by other obligations toward other projects, which I get money from for now. :frowning: yes, and being unhappy as I do not work on my real project as I should and I could.

Regarding cooling of Z1, seems that a really slow motion, slow noise cooling system like I built is enough to make z1 lives stream with my plugin, wirelessly, in HDR mode too (which generates more heat) for 3-4 hours at least, when temperature is above 89°F . Did I share this long live stream, which is boring, but long and it was a live stream from our garden, with kids, etc. like a home video: Hungary Summertime Theta Z1 live streaming test - YouTube . Also a few images about the fan/cooling system I built, which is powered by same powerbank as Z1 and during 3.5 hour live stream it dropped only by 15% it’s capacity (powerbank 20000mah) with 2 USB outputs. 1 was used to charge Z1 and other was plugged in the fan system. NAdir logo was rendered also by my plugin during live stream.
Also there is an RTPM on fan, so I can adjust the rotation speed, to make sure it’s not causing too much noise. During test I was experimenting with it too.

2 Likes

This is fantastic. Do you have the Z1 controlling the speed of the fan?

The audio sounds good in your test.

Thanks, Craig! No, I put there a small potentiometer to control the speed of rotation manually, it’s visible on last image. I tried to use cheap and efficient parts in this cooling system. It’s cost is around 20-25USD + invested work to build it.

2 Likes

Have you attempted to use this fan system with the THETA X?

Not yet. As when I checked last time it would take much more time to make my plugin work on it, I’m focusing on Z1 and to finish my plugin first for it. Also body of Theta X is a bit lighter, and seems from different alloy, I’m not sure about how efficiently this cooling would work there. From experiences with Z1, it could make live streaming work for 15-20 minutes on Theta X in same environment, indoor, 24°C (~75°F), where I measured about ~3-5 minutes of live streaming with my Theta X, most.

For the Z1, have you considered promoting FlowTours by working with film or multimedia schools in your area?

One idea is to have film school students go to a live event such as an outdoor music festival with the FlowTours rig and work on type of interactive online experience with text chat and possibly other interactive activities things.

1 Like

good idea, thanks! I still have some work to do on FlowTours back end, which I paused, it’s not ready yet, or just partially, but still has some work to do unfortunately. I may need to find investors to get there or it may take more time, where I feel like will loose.

Is there any way for you to make money with just your plug-in if you stream to YouTube, Facebook or some other existing service?

For investment, have you considered approaching other cloud service vendors and proposing a merger with FlowTours for a combination of stock and money?

You can start off by researching the companies that have a plug-in on the RICOH THETA plug-in store. Just click on each company, then go their web stie. Then ask if they want to cooperate technically, with your plug-in to stream to their service with RTMP. This could be a way to start a “general” discussion that might lead to more detailed “financial” discussions naturally.

1 Like

yes, @craig , that’s what I’m planning to do. I feel in some cases limited, clearly it’s also summer… I complained to you and I feel better already. :slight_smile: Thanks for your support!

1 Like

Can the current plug-in you have now reduce the framerate of the stream as a possible way to reduce the heat generated by the camera as well as the bandwidth requirement?

For now, need to set before streaming. I was thinking about to enable a workflow, where the user can set “decrease FPS if cam gets hot and increase again if it cools down”, but not sure if it would be better than just setting the FPS right before streaming. it may not make sense to go down to 15FPS. At 15FPS I know that my plugin is able to stream even if it’s quite hot, for hours wirelessly, without any cooling and in HDR mode. But I was thinking about the more complex algorithm like you also suggested, may be later. I measure temperature during streaming even now… Regarding bandwidth form my tests I can tell it doesn’t make much difference.

Is there an interface for the plug-in so that you can adjust the framerate of the video?

This might be useful for the X as a way to reduce the heat of the THETA X Wireless Live Stream.

yes, @craig , these are actual options exposed to each Z1 users:

you and @gthomas should talk briefly and see if there is any possibility to cooperate technically. In this post he talks about a few issues when streaming with the THETA X. As your focus is on the Z1 right now, maybe cooperation on the X could speed up development for both of you.

1 Like