dropped theta v in the water for 30 minutes.

anyone has any luck to repair water damage theta v?

did you try leaving it in a box of dessicant? If you don’t have those silica gel packs, you can try putting it in a box of uncooked rice. The THETA V is an Android device, so you should research what people have done to revive their Android phone after dropping it in water.

If all else fails, you can research ways to disassemble the camera. This would be a last resort.

1 Like

I have a Theta V that got dunked in a pond, but it was more like 30 seconds or less underwater. I put it in a bag of rice for a few days and it seems to function okay now. I have noticed the battery seems to be affected and doesn’t hold a charge for as long, but the photos turn out the same as before. Moral of my story is that it was dunked just before the end of a protection plan I purchased on Amazon. I let the company know that it had been accidentally dunked and they processed my claim and gave me a voucher for a brand new camera without requiring me to send documentation/photos OR send the camera itself back to them. So I got a new camera to replace my slightly damaged one which I still have! I wouldn’t scam anyone, when I filed the claim I wasn’t sure my camera was going to live. It was surprising to me how easy it was to get it replaced. When I bought my Z1 I made sure to buy the extra insurance!

1 Like