Suddenly my Theta S won’t turn on (out of warranty). Yes it has the latest firmware, which was installed about a week ago. The symptoms don’t seem to match the other topics that are similar. Here are the symptoms:
- It seems to be charging from the USB cable and a wall plug and from the PC. (red light is on steady).
- It can connect and turn on when connected to the PC via USB cable.
- It can power up with the power supply connected via USB cable and mobile app shows battery charging symbol.
- Unplugging the power turns it off.
- Try to turn it back on with no power cable: It turns on momentarily (blue lights come on), then power light changes to red and flashes one time (no beeps) and it turns off.
- When charging, it never seems to be complete (red light remains on steady), even overnight.
- Sometimes(?) it will turn on without the power supply connected, but the power light blinks blue. The app says the battery is low. If this happens and I plug it in to power, it turns off.
This behavior started just after the firmware update, so I’m wondering if that may have introduced a new bug. Is there any way to revert to a prior firmware version?
Is there anything else that can be done to restore operation?