Dual-fisheye Images With THETA V Plug-in

Love this plugin and use it a lot for VFX Set work. One issue I have that I am hoping he can fix, more like a feature to add, would be to change the main LED light to a different color while it is shooting photos. It goes pretty fast but I did have some nighttime photo’s that took longer due to slower shutter speeds due to lighting. So I ended up with a couple brackets of my ugly mug getting close enough to try to read the display and seeing it was still shooting. If the LED could change from the white to a red while in the shooting process then back to white when it starts the database management that will make it easy to see when it’s done from a distance. I can’t turn the sound up loud as sometimes I try to shoot during a take and any noise on set would be very bad. Other than that the plugin is amazing and a must have for me.

On the Z1, there’s an LED (the single small round light) that I think is only a single color. The OLED panel that can display words can be made to flash images on the panel with the API.

Have you seen the small round LED change color in any usage? It might be possible, but not documented.

Oh wait. You’re using the plug-in with the THETA V?

For THETA V and DualFisheye Plugin , you can watch this video

1 Like

No I am using the Z1, the LED on the front does change color as it’s white when the plugin is loaded, Blue in standard mode then Red when you shut down so not sure why they would remove a way of changing that in the API. Having the OLED flash when it’s done shooting would be great too. Just something to show it’s done that can be seen at a distance would be great.

@ScreamingMonkey, thanks for this clarification. I don’t think RICOH is hiding the LED color change on the Z1. It’s more likely that they just forgot to add it to the Z1 API section or that I missed it when I read through the documentation. If it can turn red, blue, and white, it’s likely we can change it to other colors as well.

Although Ichi is on this forum, he’s probably busy with work and other things (like taking pictures) :slight_smile: . If he doesn’t respond on this forum, I’ll send him a note about this feature request.

Thanks, I installed the trial version on Ptgui to tryout before buying, but couldn’t find a way to properly stitch Theta V pics. Perhaps my fault, obviously I don’t know enough the software.

Do you have any link with details on the workflow to follow?

Use the PTGui project file below.

https://svendus.se/ptgui-mi-sphere-camera/

Several people have more experience than me.

Does anyone know why support for the Theta V was discontinued? I see an android app “MiSphere Converter” and then one for the Z1 but nothing for the V… Yet I can use the DualFisheye plugin for the V just fine. But - then I’m left with images and nothing to stitch them with. Lightroom plugin again only supports Z1 DNG files.

I saw the watermark “MiSphere” in a lot of the walkthroughs on this site that said they were using the Theta V. I purchased that app - hoping - but it said “image not supported” so no luck. Looks like a deliberate block then - but why?

thanks for any help with this!

Hi, @jonb42
PTGui has supported dualfisheye images captured by Theta V since ver. 11.6. Have you read my posts above?

Toyo

2024-04-23T05:00:00Z