HDR plugin to automatically create EXR file. For VFX use

Hello, error454

I recently took the first pictures on Z1, the plugin gives the best quality among all tried (not only standard) methods, so I would like to use it in the future. But the quality of stitching fails, I spent many hours in Photoshop to eliminate the effects of automatic stitching.
Here example:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1O1H1CsJpLx8eT_UHW-t-eyMwhZRk1i5e/view?usp=sharing

I see that you have added a solution to this problem here:

But the fact is that I am not a programmer and cannot compile the code into a ready-made program for installation on the camera. So, please, could you uncomment this section of the code and post a link to the finished plugin so that I can install it on my camera?

Dear Craig,

Firstly, I want to express my gratitude and say that the photo as a result of the plugin is pleasantly amazing in its quality!

Please tell me, how can I disable automatic hemisphere stitching in the plugin? Automatic stitching often gives errors in the stitching line. Correcting stitching errors takes a lot of time in Photoshop.

Hi Artyom,

Iā€™ve uploaded a new version to github which has the option to turn the stiching on and off in the webinterface. If you are a developer you can install the new apk on your device. (To become a developer you can follow one of the turotials on this community itā€™s not that hard.)

Else I will try to publish a new version to the store soon but I need a bit more time to finish some stuff and then Craig en Jesse have to push it to the theta store which usually tkaes about two weeks. So in total it will take some more time before it well be there.

The apk can be found here: https://github.com/iamagod/Authydra/tree/master/app/build/outputs/apk/debug

Greetings!
Kasper

3 Likes

@Kasper Great to see that youā€™re still improving the Authydra plug-in! And, yes, happy to help if/when you want to push the next version up to the Plug-in Store!

1 Like

Hello,

I used the plug in one time then went to use it again and when going to 192.168.1.1:8888 I get a page that says

This site canā€™t be reached" The connection was reset. Try Checking the connection. ERR_CONNECTION_RESET Reload / Details

I searched the thread for some keywords I noticed someone had the same issue but I didnā€™t see a reply for advice.

Thanks,
Ed

Hey guys,

Using this plugin on a V, largely speaking, itā€™s pretty bloody great! However, having a few issues.
Iā€™ve been testing it taking 3 HDRā€™s, with reboots in between.
When I connect to a PC after taking the 3 photos, 1st HDR is usually fine.
2nd, a bit hit or miss, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnā€™t. A few reboots, connect/disconnect from PC a few times can sort it. The source jpegs can appear as 0 bytes, and the tone mapped preview jpeg can be broken, but eventually it seems to sort itself out.
3rd, pretty much always broken. No HDR or preview tone mapped jpeg has been created. The source jpeg files in the folder are reading 0 bytes. No amount of reboots/reconnects seems to nudge this. On a few occasions, it creates a HDR of the previous photos source jpegs, so I end up with a duplicate of the 2nd.

I have a shoot next week. So I suppose the workaround would be to take 2 HDRā€™s of every setup, offload to PC, delete off the camera, and start fresh for each set up :man_shrugging:

Any thoughts or anyone experiencing the same issues?

Cheers.

Hi! I had this problem, what worked for me was:

• Connect to the Theta wi-fi network
  • turn plugin mode on by pushing the ā€œmodeā€ button on the camera
  • insert the address on the browser 192.168.1.1:8888

Connected instantly!

Hope this helps!

V

Hi Dindong,

strange behaviour! Have you updated to the latest firmware? Also make sure the auto power off is set to something a bit long like 10 min or more.

Iā€™ve just updated the app, usually takes a couple of weeks to get it in the store maybe that fixes your problemā€¦

Hope that can helpā€¦

Thanks for your work. Do you have plans to update this plugin to work with the Z1? Weā€™d be very appreciative!
Steve

1 Like

Authydra Update to 2.1.1

Iā€™m just passing this information on to help the author, @Kasper. Kasper Oerlemans.

Authydra | RICOH THETA Plug-in Store

UI Screenshots

1 Like

Hi!
This plugin is great job!
I have few issues.

1. In my opinion the previous sounds was better. The new set of sounds is almost inaudible in the environment. Without connection to smartphone Itā€™s hard to tell when the camera is done taking photos.
  2. sometimes it happens that after taking photos, the camera processes them almost endlessly or just turns off.
  3. I think that ā€œNumber stop jumpsā€¦ā€ is not working. When is set for example to 2.5 the jump is still 1. Sometimes itā€™s not enough time take 13-15 photos in order to cover all exposures.
  4. Is it possible to add a feature like Merge photos in separate task? This is very time consumig especially when I want to take more than one hdrā€™s on a time on set. Yes I know that iā€™ts a lot of apps doing this job but it would be much simpler workflow.

Iā€™ve never been able to connect to the web interface of Authydra. Chrome on a Pixel 4. Theta Z1 http://192.168.1.1:8888. Iā€™m connected to the wifi of the Theta but it just wonā€™t connect to the web interface.

Realized I probably should have replied to you for my above question regarding web interface.

I used it once and now my Z1 wonā€™t stay on. I get ā€œERRORā€ with beeps and thatā€™s it. Hopefully I can find a fix but until then, avoid.

[edit] Make sure your firmware is up to date. If you do happen to get the ERROR on your device, just update the firmware once again through the Ricoh desktop app.

Iā€™m loving this plugin but have noticed that one of the lenses seems to be capturing a different white balance. This problem doesnā€™t present itself when capturing with the native Theta software. Any suggestions?

1 Like

Hi Iā€™ve been trying authydra out a bit but feel itā€™s a bit lacking for what I want.

• The auto-exposed first shot that serves as a base for all brackets is unreliable. In the same room it does totally different settings a few minutes later. I would MUCH prefer to just enter manual base settings instead of some automatic thing.
  • I donā€™t understand why it only does plus brackets? Why not minus brackets? being able to set a manual base as requested above would solve this one in a wayā€¦

Maybe Iā€™m missing something crucial here, Iā€™m very open to tips and tricks :slight_smile:

Firstly, thanks @Kasper this is a greata handy plugin you have created. so timesaving.

a few questions and things:

is there a way to run the merge operation as standalone on a particular folder of images? - basically i have the collection of bracketed images captured from the plugin, but my theta battery ran out midway through the exr processing and have no exr as result. i could merge in photoshop but then dont have the correct EV or other camera based values to make the correct result (as they dont get stored inthe meta of each jpg).
having a post process operation could be handy in the file management area of the app?

also im noticing the one lens color difference as posted by @cody_cobb also.

The web interface repeatedly refers to 192.168.1.1:8888 when trying to execute actions. In all contexts, it should be enough to use a relative URL (i.e. /download=HDR08-05_16-55.JPG instead of http://192.168.1.1:8888/download=HDR08-05_16-55.JPG?).

The problem is that 192.168.1.1 is only correct when the camera is running as an access point. But even on the go, itā€™s more useful to let the camera connect to your phone instead, so you donā€™t lose internet connectivity.

Hey Everyone. I am just starting to play with the Z1 and am having a few issues. It seems the device is powering down when I am trying to use this plugin. Battery shows 100% but it powers down when taking images, and also when downloadingā€¦ I watched on the web viewer while it was taking pictures, and this time the device shutdown when it was creating the zip file.

Firmware 2.00.1

Has anyone else experienced this?

Hi prospective user here. Iā€™m still waiting on the camera. Couple of basic questions:

1)Does the Theta need to be tethered to a computer to use this plugin? Can it work over wifi? Is tethered faster?

2)Is the Theta app pretty much the same for Windows and Mac? I have laptops for both so I need to pick one with the better support/experience for this plugin if thereā€™s any difference.

Thanks!