HDR plugin to automatically create EXR file. For VFX use

The plug-in only works with the THETA Z1 or V at the moment. If you have an X, it won’t work as it needs to be updated. The source code is available, so that may be possible.

With the plug-in installed in a V or Z1, the camera does not need to be tethered to a computer. The plug-in can be triggered with the buttons on the camera or with Wi-Fi from a mobile phone or laptop. To transfer the file from the camera to the mobile device or laptop, there is a button on the web interface to download it.

The HDR file is produced inside the camera. You’re just using the Mac or Windows computer to use the HDR file in something like Autodesk Maya, Blender, Unity, or some other software that uses the HDR files for global lighting.

The web interface is from the camera. The camera has a web server in it. The HDR file is also produced inside the camera.

Feel free to ask more questions.

1 Like

Ah thanks. Finally got my camera and got to play around with it.

I seem to be having the same issue as @cody_cobb where the stitch seams show a white balance(?) color change across the seam. The seam is present in the authydra processed intermediate jpegs but is not present if a photo is taken with the theta natively from the exact same location and lighting.

Also I’m noticing each HDR takes quite a lot of battery. I’m just using default settings. Total time is about 4minutes to complete a set. And each set takes about 15% battery so I can only take about 7-8 HDRs before I need to recharge. That’s more than enough for most sets but accounting for overhead like bad shots its cutting it close!

Hey all. I love this plugin and have been using it on most shoots now. So much Kudos for developing it.

I am still getting the Black-hole sun problem, is there any work-around? I am using ND9 on the Theta, but outside obviously it is a bit bright . . .

I love the ease of use of Authydra, though I do wish there was more of a delay before starting the pic-taking.

Thanks in advance,

JBreckeen.

1 Like

I hope this plugin can run at X.

becaus X can check data very fast don’t waste time trans to APP,don’t waste time

1 Like

I just updated to the lastest firmware and the Authydra plug in is no longer working! It hangs at the point of starting to take pictures, the web UI @192.168.1.1:8888 says ‘busy taking pictures’ but the Z1 does nothing and the UI never updates. This is most frustrating as I have a shoot next week and have come to rely on this amazing plug-in, non of the other HDRI plug in for the Z1 are as good :frowning: