Plug-in that performs multi-bracket shooting at regular intervals

I would like to configure the following settings using THETA Z1 and automatically perform multi-bracket shooting at the set shooting interval.
a) Conditions for multi-bracket shooting (number of shots, SS, WB, ISO, etc.)
b) Shooting interval (e.g. 1 hour)
c) Shooting time (e.g. weekdays 8:00-18:00)
Note that there is no problem even if c) cannot be set.

Is there already a plug-in that can take pictures like the one above? If you know, please let me know.

Thank you in advance.

1 Like

I do not believe a plug-in like this exists. Some people have connected the Z1 to a small computer like a Raspberry Pi or Intel NUC and use the USB API.

Once you have the images taken, are you uploading the images to a cloud server automatically?

Thank you for your answer.
I don’t think it’s necessary to upload images.
As long as I can shoot with the settings I wrote in the first post, there is no problem to save the captured image to THETA.

OK. I saw that you already developed the plugin. Note that in the post below, I updated the information several times after I originally posted. If you have a 51GB THETA Z1 in Japan, you need to fill out an extra form if the camera you are using requires client mode.

If you’re still having problems with the Z1 and it works on the V, post the error message and the API you’re using in the camera (WebAPI or CameraAPI).

Thank you for your reply.
We are proceeding with development with the assumption that it will be used in Japan, but the fact that we have not applied for client mode to be used with THETA Z1 51GB may be the reason for the inability to confirm operation. If necessary, I will apply to be able to use client mode.

日本の方のようなので日本語で返信します。
プラグインも良いかと思いますが、craigさんがおっしゃる通りUSB APIを使うのが良いと思います。
理由として、
①給電しながらのコントロールができる。>どちらにしろ給電が出来ていないと電池が持ちません。
②本体の起動、シャットダウンの電源管理ができる。>使用環境にもよりますが、撮影時のみ起動するようにすることで熱暴走リスクの低減
③外部ストレージへの転送ができる。クラウドへのアップは想定していないとのことですが、外部ストレージに転送することで、撮影がちゃんと出来ているかの確認を行えます。>本体エラーなどで撮影失敗時にリトライしたり失敗を通知したりするように出来る。

上記とは関係ありませんがもし屋外利用の場合、夏場は太陽の熱で本体が熱くなる為定点設置の場合高確率で熱暴走する可能性が想定されます。

1 Like

OK. I’m in the US with a US model, so I’m not sure how the Japan model of the Z1 behaves during plug-in development when the Z1 client mode is enabled. This might be a source of problems.

I also recall that there were some differences in the past between how the V and Z1 handled type errors. The values for the shutterSpeed are numbers, not a string. Though, I think that the V may have not throw an error for a string in the past.

1 Like

These are all correct. I think it’s great that you raise the camera limitations when using a plugin so that the developer is aware of these during development and prototype.

However, I do know that some people are looking at the plugin as a cost reduction. Without the small computer, they can save the cost of the computer, cable and potentially a separate power supply for the small computer.

For construction applications, it may be easier for a person to move the camera around without the small computer. Though, some companies build special housing for the small computer integrated into a monopod.

thanks for sharing your insights and expertise. :slight_smile:

1 Like

@craig @CGSLAB
Thank you for the useful information.
Due to my lack of knowledge, I thought that the only way to set up the shooting I wanted to do was to develop a plug-in.
In the future, I would like to consider developing applications using the USB API.

私が理解できるよう、日本語で返信していただきありがとうございました。

As you’ve already built the plugin, I hope to get the existing plugin that you built working.

some companies are using plugins in production.

1 Like