Ricoh Theta Z1 raw image streaming

Is it possible to receive video in raw data format from the Theta Z1 camera during live streaming? Can I operate with only one lens in its original state, before stitching?

The streaming frames are available over the USB cable in these two formats:

• 4K,H264: 3840×1920/29.97fps/120Mbps
  • 2K,H264: 1920×960/29.97fps/42Mbps

Additionally, you can stream over WiFi and community member @biviel has a plug-in to stream the video in HDR.

As far as I know, there is no way to get streamed frames in RAW format.

As far as I know, there is no plug-in to stream with one lens.

You can stream in dual-fisheye with the HDR Wireless Live Streaming plugin. The developer of that plug-in was thinking of implementing a single lens streaming feature to save on bandwidth, but I do not think he implemented it yet.

There is a single lens shooting plug-in for still images available.

Please provide more information on your use case. We can report on community feedback and requirements to RICOH. I do not anticipate that there will be any upgrade to the Z1 to allow for RAW streaming. However, it is good to pass on community feedback for consideration in future models.

2 Likes

Is there a way to check the necessary camera information or other source code to create a plugin that can perform real-time streaming using RAW images? Are the calibrated images available for live streaming provided by the camera internally, or is there code in packages like libuvc-theta or others that perform the calibration?

I do not know of a way to stream the frames in RAW/DNG format.

You can see how the camera handles streaming from a plug-in.

Plugin development information is here:

You can try opening an issue on the ricoh-theta-plugin specification

The calibration is handled inside of the camera. Are you referring to the stitching calibration?