Selecting RICOH Theta model for Jetson-connected (via USB) 360-degree computer vision

Hi. I’m wondering which Theta model is the best option for configuring my 360-degree computer vision project. This project may include (1) acquiring the RAW dual-fisheye frames from the camera via USB, (2) pre-processing the RAW frame (e.g., generating stitched ERP) on Jetson device (e.g., Orin devkit), and (3) conducting computer vision task (e.g., object detection) on pre-processed 360 frames.

And below are the requirements when selecting the camera model:

1. I need to get RAW dual-fisheye image format from the USB camera stream
  2. USB-to-Jetson camera streaming should be done in real-time.
  3. Easy to develop a computer vision project with ROS, Jetson-related APIs, etc.

Low-price is not my consideration.
Thanks in advance.

@jeho-lee If your requirement is RAW images, only the Z1 model supports RAW. It is the high end model of all the THETAs and is often to model that robotics and computer vision developers choose.

There are multiple threads here about using USB to stream to a Jetson. This one might be a good starting point: NVIDIA Jetson and USB API for RICOH THETA

Thank you for the reply.
I will try with the Z1 model.

You may not be able to accurately stitch the dual-fisheye DNG (RAW) format image as the lens parameters of the camera are not available.

The camera cannot take RAW video.

when you mention frames, are you dealing with video? The Z1 has a max video resolution of 4K versus 8K for the X.

Information on the fileFormat is here:

theta-api-specs/theta-web-api-v2.1/options/file_format.md at main · ricohapi/theta-api-specs · GitHub