Stitching Theta Z1 HDR Rendered Pictures

@ravil as the X appears to work with (_filter = hdr and _imageStitching = static), we can assume that this is “unexpected behavior” with Z1. At the current time, we do not know the timeframe for any potential improvements.

Note that I have not tested the X myself with the above settings. However, I have heard that other people have tested it.

Regarding (_filter = hdr and _imageStitching = none), it appears to not work with 2.10.3, but does appear to work with firmware 2.11.1 (appears to have been fixed).

As the lens calibration data is not disclosed, stitching the spheres yourself may not meet your requirements. Please confirm.

We do not have an answer right now for (_filter = hdr, _imageStitching = static) on the Z1.

If you want to send additional information to jcasman@oppkey.com about how a potential fix would beneift your business, he can send the supplemental information to RICOH.

Also, do you have an X to test for comparison? If not, I can test the API of the X myself and post the results here.

This is the status of the Z1 (_filter = hdr, _imageStitching = static) issue.

1 Like

Dear Craig, thank you very much for your comprehensive reply.
Yes, we only have Z1 at the moment, not X. We tested Z1 with firmware 2.11.1 (new) and 1.50.1 (old), both gave us the same negative result.
Good to know that it works on X. Our current goal is Z1, no need to test the API of X for me. I think we will proceed with (_imageStitching = auto).
Yes, I realize that custom calibration is a long shot, we will most likely not follow this way.
Again, thank you for your help!

1 Like

@ravil , can you test this again with firmware 2.20.3 that just came out on January 31, 2023. It may be resolved.

1 Like