Community Applications on GitHub, updated March 2017
Photo Sphere Viewer by Jeremy Heleine (hot)
- good and popular viewer. Uses Three.js
ThetaViewer by Atsushi Kokubo
- Viewer works great. Documentation is in Japanese. This would be great for @jcasman to translate into English.
theta-viewer.js by Sho Hashimoto
- Animate multiple-Photos taken by RICOH THETA.
Google VR for Web by Google
- Solid 360 image and video viewer that can be embedded in web site or mobile phone
Pannellum by Matthew Petroff
- lightweight, free, and open source panorama viewer for the web
A-Frame by MozVR
- A web framework for building virtual reality experiences
Other Image Viewers
PanoramaViewer by Sunao Hashimoto
- Written in Processing language. No documentation.
- node-ricoh-theta by Sho Hashimoto
- Ricoh-Theta-S-Cordova by Karl Carpenter
- Multiple warnings that this is unpolished but includes good info on Cordova plugins for those doing hybrid mobile apps
Other Camera Controllers
OpenSphericalCamera Client by Duiker Research
- A Python library for interfacing with cameras that implement the OpenSphericalCamera API
scala-ricoh by Freddie Poser
- Download photos from the RICOH THETA using scala or Java
- Example Python script from community member Ulrich Rossgoderer. This was posted in the THETA Developer Forum. Uses the requests module, which you may need to install on your system.
Small Board (like ESP8266) Camera Control
RICOH THETA S Full Remote Controller by Katsuya-san (cool)
- Uses ESP8266 and WiFi to control a THETA S. It would be great for @jcasman to translate.
RICOH THETA S Simple Remote Controller by Katsuya-san
- RICOH THETA S Remote Control Software (Single Button Edition) for Switch Science ESP-WROOM-02 Dev.board
THETA_GL by mganeko
- THETA WebGL viewer using three.js This looks super interesting
- Pull Request by Daniel Sandoval, adding “Cardboard” functionality, Mobile Fullscreen and (OpenTok) WebRTC Element Overrides
- unity-steamvr-demo by Megan Zimmerman (hot)
- Full tutorial called “RICOH THETA S Unity SteamVR Demo” published in the THETA Unofficial Guide community
Ricoh Video Streaming Samples by RICOH
THETA-S-LiveViewer-P5 by Sunao Hashimoto
- Live streaming using the Processing language
theta-s-quartz by Kieran Farr
- CamTwist Effect Plugin to Convert Theta-S Live Video from Fisheye to Equirectangular via Quartz. An experiment to use OS X Quartz Composer to transform Ricoh Theta S live feed dual fisheye to equirectangular.
ThetaWifiStreaming by Makoto
- THETA S WiFi streaming demo with Unity using PC/Mac
- Photosphere by Koen Hufkens, Research Associate at Harvard
- Connect a Raspberry Pi and the USB API with a Ricoh Theta S for time-lapse spheres for tracking changes in leaf development in a Northeastern US forest (http://virtualforest.io)
- tlapser360 by Jason Charcalla
- Time-lapse auto-adjust camera with Adafruit LUX meter, geotagging with gpsd, USB camera control, Raspberry Pi