THETA S Possible Battery Replacement in Community

Ok, after a long test all night with digital measurement, I am proud to tell that the battery replacement for RICOH THETA S is the OLYMPUS LI-92B (original, not clone or similar).
The problem I have before is in the power adapter (in fact in any work other not).
Digital pass-trought USB measurement (I have picture to share) tell me that usb voltage >5V Theta have a problem to recharge battery, while with usb power adapter with output voltage little below 5V the battery is charged regularly. Current charge stable at 0.450mAh.
That’s all for now, I can share picture after I’m back from work, no problem.
@codetricity Please share this infromation to community, thanks.

![IMG_4904|375x500]

• first image show battery
  • second image show syncro chargment battery with original cable (please ignore big digital measurement tester), and look to the small usb pass-throught digital measurement, it show absorbition ov 0.82 now;
  • third image show ilepo usb power adapter (not good to charge Theta!)
    -fourth image show original and Olympus battery near (dimension are same!);
    -fifth image show in details the moment of picture n.2
    I have more picture but are over 3Mb file and website don’t allow me to upload, need to resize image
    -Sixth image show absorbition in the night of the original during the night charge with Olympus battery (note that I use only original Ricoh usb cable from digital measurement to Ricoh Theta S);
    -Seventh image show the adapter I use in that moment (it’s an original iPad Apple 10W power adapter, no clone no cina no other in this test but I have hundred of charge to test. You can check if it’s original seeing into usb port there is serial number, clone don’t have)

Battery bought from:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-Olympus-Li-92B-Battery-for-OLYMPUS-Tough-TG-1-TG-2-SP-100-SP100-SH-1-SH1/122669840749?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

2 Likes