THETA X - SDK - Camera API Examples and Documentation Status

hi!

I spent some time analyzing the example and trying to make changes in my HDR wireless live streaming plugin to make it work for Theta X too. I got runtime exceptions and I couldn’t make it run properly by using the new theta360.camera class. Mainly seems that there is a conceptual change and at Camera.open we need to pass application context too, which isn’t clear for me why? Anyway I will have to spend probably much more time because of these changes in SDK/API… I’m able to run camera in dual fisheye mode, but unable to control the camera properly, probably it would make sense if I download the full source code of plugin library and try to debug there and not using it by reference in build.gradle.

Will come back and update you here, once I’ve more clarity and have some time to play with.

We’re hoping to get the source code for the RICOH Wireless Live Streaming plug-in that works on the X. However, I think the delay might be due to required checks for legal compliance on the licenses.

1 Like

Regarding Theta X - would like to share an important information. Using Vysor, I managed to switch to Android OS Settings:

With adb command: adb shell am start -a android.settings.SETTINGS

This was we can go and open Apps and grant required permissions as we used to in earlier versions of Theta.

Regards

1 Like

Looks like version 1.2.0 of theta-plugin-camera-api-sample-x was just released.

Is it really streaming at 8K?

dual-fish streaming

1 Like