Theta Z1 & Theta V Live Streaming Issue on MacOS Monterey

Hello everybody - my first post here - I have got 4k live-streaming going pretty well, but only 5fps, on a 2014 Mac mini downgraded to Big Sur. I decided to spring for a new M1 Mac Mini o stream faster. After getting the M1 Mini home I learned that you cannot downgrade an M1 Mac to Big Sur.

Has the Theta V / OBS problem on Monterey been fixed? I am about to return the new M1 Mini, and would love to avoid that (if the Theta V works on OBS on Monterey now).

As far as I know, the THETA V cannot stream on MacOS Monterey as of February 8, 2022.

thanks Craig for all you do for the ecosystem, I can see your effort in the web site content.

2 Likes

Update. I think it works with macOS 12.3

I tried it with the X after seeing the RICOH announcement yesterday. It worked. If there are further problems, please post again.

I tested with both Theta Z1 and X on macOS 12.3, both worked well

2 Likes

Thank you for reporting back on your findings! This helps.

After I verify that it works with the V, we can try and mark this problem/question as solved. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the testing and confirmation @Tao_Jin, very helpful.

1 Like

@jcasman we still need to plug a THETA V in at some point to verify the original poster’s question and mark this as solved. At the moment, we’re assuming it works with the V, but have not plugged it in.