We’re building a THETA Technique Gallery that focuses on helping 360 degree photographers understand settings and options for taking good photographs.
Each photograph on the site includes the techniques that were used to make it. Try it out!
At the same time, we’re doing a poll to better understand how you are taking and using 360 degree images. This will help us improve the site and provide better information back to the community.
If you end up choosing “Other” for some of the questions, please reply to this post with more details.
Looking forward to including your opinions and experience! Thank you!
360 Degree Image Sharing Poll
1. Where are you most likely to view 360 images taken by other photographers?
- RICOH THETA mobile app
- RICOH THETA desktop app
- Virtual tour site (eg Pano2VR, Kuula, Roundme, etc.)
- VR Goggles (HTC Vive, Oculus, etc.)
- Google Photos
- Google Street View
2. How do you share 360 images with friends?
- Attach image file to email
- Email link from theta360.com
- Google Photos
- Google Streetview
- Share link on other social media site
- Virtual tour site (eg Pano2VR, Kuula, Roundme)
3. What’s the biggest barrier to sharing more 360 images with friends?
- Too many steps to download, edit and share and then explain to friend how to view
- Too big and not easy to send in email
- Too big and they take too long to load
- Friends don’t know how to view images in 360
- Worried that friend may not click image or rotate it and thus miss most of the 360 image
4. When you’re viewing a 360 image, what makes the art “good”?
- Composition of image
- Audience engagement
- Color and light
5. What makes the experience of viewing a 360 image good?
- Image quality and resolution details
- Loading speed
- Interface of moving the 360 image
- Size of image “window”