Hi, there are two modes for the THETA V wi-fi connection:
- client mode, where your router assigns an IP address
- access point mode, where the THETA is at 192.168.1.1
The mobile app can connect to the camera with client mode and access point mode.
If you have the IP address of the THETA camera from Net Analyzer, can you open that IP address in a browser?
For example, don’t press on the button in the mobile app, but follow this process:
- configure the THETA V client mode with the mobile app
- turn off the mobile app
- press the Wi-Fi button the camera body until the Wi-Fi is green. It should be blinking, then will turn solid green when it connects to your router
- use some mechanism to get the IP address of the camera. For example, log into the admin console of your router and find the IP address of the camera. Or, use the Net Analyzer to find the IP address of the camera. It should not be 192.168.1.1.
- start the plug-in by pressing and holding the lower mode button for longer than 2 seconds
- with the IP address in hand, open a browser on the laptop, desktop or mobile phone. The device must be on the same network as your THETA V. It will be something like 192.168.200.34:8888 or some set of numbers on your network. The four digits after the : are the port and needs to always be 8888
What is the IP address that Net Analyzer is showing for the camera?
Try to follow this tutorial
In a web browser, it will look like this: