Gst_loopback THETA V

Hello again,

I recently purchased two THETA V cameras and I am trying to get them to stream using ./gst_loopback but I keep getting the following error messages “Internal data stream error” and “No streaming interface found for terminal 3” (see screenshots below).

keep in mind that the cameras stream just fine with ./gst_viewer on /dev/video0 (I edited the gst_viewer.c file to work with video0)

I’m trying this on both Linux Ubuntu and a NVIDIA Xavier but I get almost the same errors in both.

Does anyone have an idea what the problem could be?

Thank you

Do you have docker installed? I uninstalled it on the Jetson I was using.

test with v4l2loopback

gst-launch-1.0 -v v4l2src ! videoconvert ! videoscale ! video/x-raw,width=1000,height=500  ! xvimagesink

suggest using gstthetauvc instead of v4l2loopback

You may want to use gstthetauvc instead of v4l2loopback.

Jetson with gstthetauvc

gst-launch-1.0 thetauvcsrc mode=4K ! queue ! h264parse ! nvv4l2decoder ! queue ! nv3dsink sync=false

x86 with nvidia gpu and hardware acceleration

gst-launch-1.0 thetauvcsrc ! queue ! h264parse ! nvdec ! gldownload ! queue ! videoconvert n-threads=0 ! video/x-raw,format=BGR ! queue ! glimagesink

Thanks a lot. using gstthetauvc worked, I guess the problem was with the loopback.

I also wanted to ask if anyone tried streaming with two THETA V cameras simultaneously before? Is it possible with opencv (or even at all)?

I am currently investigating that but without any luck yet.

Thank you

1 Like

I have not tried two thetas on Linux, but I have seen the developer of gstthetauvc demo two theta cameras streaming simultaneously on a Jetson Xavier.

looking at the code for thetauvc.c, it seems like it should work with multiple cameras. However, I have not tried it.

Also, I can recall no success other than with the developer of the driver.

1 Like