Having issues getting video from a Z1 to a Jetson AGX

I followed the guide : RICOH THETA Development on Linux

I’ve installed
libuvc-theta → ok

libuvc-theta-sample
I change the line (related to gst_loopback) of gst_viewer.c

original:

if (strcmp(cmd_name, "gst_loopback") == 0)
		pipe_proc = "decodebin ! autovideoconvert ! "
			"video/x-raw,format=I420 ! identity drop-allocation=true !"
			"v4l2sink device=/dev/video0 sync=false";
	else
		pipe_proc = " decodebin ! autovideosink sync=false";          
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

changing to below. gst_viewer works gst_loopback opens video and plays. can't access with anything else:
		pipe_proc = "decodebin ! autovideoconvert ! "
			"nv3dsink device=/dev/video0 sync=false";
	else
		pipe_proc = "nvv4l2decoder ! nv3dsink sync=false";
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

changing to below. gst_viewer works but gst_loopback opens video and only one frame:

pipe_proc = "nvv4l2decoder ! nv3dsink sync=false"
			"v4l2sink device=/dev/video0 sync=false";
	else

changing to below. gst_viewer works but gst_loopback opens video and only one frame:

pipe_proc = "nvv4l2decoder ! nv3dsink sync=false"
			"nv3dsink device=/dev/video0 sync=false";
	else

I tried everything I could find in the 300 plus long thread on the subject but cannot get video into anything but gst_viewer and when running gst_loopback it opens a wiindow and plays the video. But then I can not access with any other software.
Suggestions?

Here is a screen shot of some of the settings

idea 1

"nv3dsink device=/dev/video0 qos=false sync=false";

NOTE: qos=false

idea 2
If idea 1 doesn’t work, idea 2

sudo usermod -aG plugdev lbackack

idea 3

if idea 2 doesn’t work, try gstthetauvc

Had tried idea 1 before. and again no difference.
tried idea 2. Made no difference
tried idea 3. could not get to run

WARNING: from element /GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstDecodeBin:decodebin0/GstCapsFilter:capsfilter0: not negotiated
Additional debug info:
gstbasetransform.c(1423): gst_base_transform_reconfigure (): /GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstDecodeBin:decodebin0/GstCapsFilter:capsfilter0:
not negotiated

back to the original gst_loopback. I thought it was supposed to basically direct the video so that other programs could access the stream. But for some reason when I run ./gst_loopback it opens the video stream on screen and then nothing can access it.

gst_loopback should bring the video stream to /dev/video0 in your configuration. Something is going wrong and it’s not immediately apparent what is going wrong.

If it were me, I would try installing v4l2-loopback from source.

This is the first time I’ve seen ./gst_loopback put the video to the screen.

This is where I built v412-loopback from before. So I ran make clean and built and installed again

Still opens video stream on gst_loopback

Due to budget considerations, I only have a Jetson Nano and I can only install JetPack 4.6. If you have another microSD card, you could try to install the older JetPack 4.6 on the AGX, then try and go back to tegra 5.10.

Note that I don’t work for ricoh and I have limited skills. I have tested the open source libuvc-theta on different platforms, but other people may have more insight into the source of the problem. You could also try and open an issue on the ricohapi GitHub repo.

I’m waiting for the Jetson Orin Nano SDKs to come out so that I can get something relatively cheap that runs the newer JetPack images.