How to change frame rate THETA Z1

thats a perfect value for me, even more than needed. 18 Mbps up or more if fine. I’m checking recording. Would you like to try streaming?

@jcasman and I can try in the Oppkey Palo Alto office.

That sounds like a party! :slight_smile: I’m thinking what to do, to try to include you ASAP. No obligations of course, but to make sure that it will work for you.

Every day is a party at the Oppkey Palo Alto office.

2 Likes

You know what I will let you do the first test in that case, I mean for the new recording feature. @craig I know you like low FPS videos… :wink:

2 Likes

Video in h.265 bitrate set to 2mbps and FPS to 3 works fine. However when moving heavily there will be some blurriness on some frames for sure. a 30 second recording takes 8MB, in 4k @OldPaddy you need audio at all? :slight_smile:

1 Like

doing my best to send you an APK still today…In around 4-5 hours after this post, I may be able to prepare you. will send in private message the link to download.

OK. Monday is Memorial Day in the US. Jesse and I will be in the office tomorrow (Friday) as well.

1 Like

@OldPaddy , @craig , initial tests I did today suggest that low FPS is a bit too blurry when there are movements. Or usually cam is on a tripod/monopod and it’s just put down occasionally and that’s it? I’m not familiar with the process, would you be kind and share with me? Also In theory I could alter shutter speed of the came when low FPS is used to make minimize blurriness…

In general, people are walking at a site such as building a large building. They either use a monopod or have the camera mounted to a construction hat. Imagine a big construction project. The video from the frames are likely extracted for machine analysis. People or machines need to identify things such as water pipes, electrical conduits in the frames. The most useful framerate is 2fps. The lighting is often not optimal.

This provides some information on a possible workflow.

Ok, thanks for sharing! Will test more and see, decide on potential improvements in the process, as now I see too much blurry “images”.

Can you record above 4K?

not yet because of encoder hardware supports only 4096x4096 resolution, so in theory I could record higher resolution but custom formatted video only, like 2 fisheyes, but not horizontally alligned but vertically. both fisheye’s in 2048x2048. I could support this in my platform, but it sounds for me like lot of custom development needed… Unless… what if an external software, like Mistika VR or else could stitch from this vertically aligned fisheyes?

@biviel,
in my situation, I not use THETA for recording the around view, I also use for image processing like OpenCV, Deep learning…
I want to try low to high FPS for confirming what it is best about image processing, so I want to record 4K if you can but don’t really need audio.

Your z1 is enabled for developer mode? Would you like to try my plugin ? I adjusted so you can set fps…

@biviel
ok, I’ve already enabled for developer mode.
Thanks.

@OldPaddy are you familiar how to install apk using adb and vysor to grant permissions to i stalled apk?