How to change frame rate THETA Z1

I want to change frame rate from default ~30 on THETA Z1 51GB.
I applied to webapi “fileformat” but I didn’t.
Anyway, would it be possible to change frame rate by webapi THETA Z1?
The official api website says THETA X or later can use “_frameRate”.

I believe the _framerate is only for the X. The API documentation for the Z1 does not list _framerate examples. If you look at the doc again, it seems like the X values are at the top and the Z1 values are below.

fileFormat

Thank you @craig .
I understood.
Is there another method to change frame rate THETA Z1?

I believe you can change it with the CameraAPI from plug-in

I have not tried it.

Thank you.
I will try it.

1 Like

@OldPaddy I can confirm that changing FPS works via camera api. I created a plugin for live streaming, covering h.264, h.265 encodings, RTMP, RTSP and SRT protocol (low latency). May I ask why is it required for you? In recording or in preview of the camera?

1 Like

Laszlo, I don’t know about the situation with @OldPaddy , but I do know of several companies that want a lower framerate in order to reduce the size of the file to transmit to their servers in the cloud. Usually, the user is onsite and needs to transmit the video file for processing.

@biviel Thank you for your comment.
I want to change to low FPS for reducing image size in recording.
And, It’s too many default FPS for my image analysis.

1 Like

hi, @craig ,
thanks! Do they want to live stream a low framerate video or to rather record?

Thanks!

@OldPaddy , so you want this low FPS in recorded video? What is your preferable FPS?

Thanks!

@biviel
It’s about 3 to 5 FPS.
Thank you.

Record to file. I think they analyze the frames after transmission to a server.

1 Like

I just made my plugin record too… in h.265 too, custom fps can set in theory. Size isnt half but less by 25% compared to h.264. Hdr works too 8n darker emvironment its better.im testing operation length etc. If would like to test let me know… how fast is the internet now for you in office?

1 Like

@OldPaddy Im collecting various use cases for my plugin to cover as much needs as possible. At the end will sell it for some money but will start free test period soon. I can modify a bit if not much mod needed and inlude you in alpha test in 2-3day from now on if interested. You have a developer enabled z1?

1 Like

Do you have variable frame rate? The internet in my office is fast

@biviel
I’m interested in your plugin and a THETA z1 developer.
Is using your plugin the only thing I need to do?

Can your plugin record THETA movie variable frame rate?

@OldPaddy , I was just able to do the first recording yesterday… :slight_smile: I will make a minor change in plugin to allow FPS below 20 too and do another test recording today to see how it works, but I feel it will work without issues (hope so). will come back to you once I’m done, also I will have to make some adjustments on website to be able to control this plugin.

Is in your Z1 turned on “Developer mode”? Are you familiar with using ADB command line tool and Vysor?

At the moment users can set 20, 24, 25, 30 FPS via flow.tours, but Im checking now to set some extreme low values. Would you like to test streaming now that your bandwidth is good? How good is it? :slight_smile: measure please the upload…

1 Like

1 Like