Just announced by RICOH. It’s good to update and use the most recent firmware.
- Now possible to select 8K 10fps and 8K 2fps, often used in construction
- Live preview now in “low power” mode to improve battery life
- Auto switching to live streaming function added
- Stitching optimized for underwater shooting when using new underwater housing TW-2
The TH-3 and TW-2 cases do not appear on the RIAC site yet. Have you seen a picture of the TH-3?
Theta Accessories Archives - Ricoh
Full notes are below.
Notification of firmware update for “RICOH THETA X“ camera.
We recommend updating to the newest firmware version that includes additional functions and product improvements.
■RICOH THETA X
・It is now possible to select “8K 10fps” and “8K 2fps” for the video size in the shooting settings.
- When playing an 8K video, use the basic app for computer (Windows/Mac). Playback is not possible using the camera or basic app for smartphone.・Improved shutter time lag.
・The live view previously operated at a frame rate of 30 fps. However, its default setting has been changed to the “Low power” mode which operates at 15 fps in order to reduce power consumption. This change improves battery life* from approx. 220 images to approx. 250 images. To operate the live view at a frame rate of 30 fps, select “High image quality” in the new “Live view setting” function.
- This figure is a guide based on Ricoh measurement methods, and differs according to usage conditions.
・The “Auto switching to live streaming” function was added. It is possible to select “On” or “Off” for this function. If this function is set to “On”, the camera automatically enters live streaming mode when the camera with the shooting screen displayed is connected to a computer with a USB cable. This function is set to “Off” by default.
- Set this function to “On” for UVC live streaming with the camera attached to the Hard Case TH-3.
・Some parts of the user interface have changed to make it easier to use.
・Stitching has been optimized when shooting underwater with the camera attached to the Underwater Housing TW-2. If you set the white balance to “Underwater”, the stitching will also switch to the one optimized for underwater shooting.