Online tool to convert 360 image into video

I’ve been playing with 360 photos and figured out many websites can’t display them properly. But they can display videos, so I created this tool to convert 360 sphere and panoramic photos into video or gif files. Controls are simple and I hope self-explanatory, you can set video length, size and few more parameters. Most importantly, no need to install anything. On the other hand, it can be slow and limited by what chrome/javascript can do. Like, it can be slow if your computer is slow and consume all your memory for large input/output files :slight_smile:
But it can turn this

Into this (quality reduced to reduce image size)
360-sample-gif-2

Link: 360photo-to-video.com

Looking for feedback!

1 Like

@eGene, this looks pretty interesting. I think the Use Cases you list (hotels/restaurants on sites like TripAdvisor, Hosts showing properties on sites like VRBO or Airbnb; Auto dealers on sites like Cars.com or Autotrader) make good sense to me.

Since I’m not working for one of the types of companies outlined above, my opinion probably isn’t directly relevant. My guess is that the ability to pause the rotation would be useful. However, adding navigation controls is probably a different effort.

I tried using it. It’s a nice clear interface. Adding details like standard resolution sizes for Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and more is excellent.

My experience converting a THETA V jpeg to .webm format was pretty zippy and easy. Converting to .gif took a long time (3-5 minutes), but you give a clear warning. (“Creating a GIF file. It will take time.”) It came out to 101MB.

I’m going to try testing a little more. Especially interested to try posting to Twitter and sending in email to some friends and family and see what kinds of reactions I get.

Thanks for posting!

I tried a Z1 image and got stuck on this screen:

Did you get it to work with a Z1 image? The input image is a 8MB JPEG.

The image I used for testing is available here.

1 Like

Tried that image and it did work well for me. Are you using chrome in ubuntu?

I was using Firefox on Ubuntu 18.04. I’m on a different computer now. Using Windows 10 and Chrome, I am achieving successful conversions with the Z1 images now.

It might be useful to create a bootstrap web page to show off the technology and give people ideas of how it can be used.

https://startbootstrap.com/snippets/video-header/

Do you think more people will use it for social media?

Maybe have a link about “Share to Instagram”?

As for background video, I think it’s a good use case, but not sure what I can do for it. Like preparing code snippets for most popular frameworks? Sound like a lot of tracking and update as those change frequently. Sharing idea I like, will think how it can be done appropriately for this service.

1 Like

I was thinking of creating one example site that you link to from the tool promotional material. The goal is to give web developers ideas on how to use the videos made with your tool, thus stimulating demand to use the tool.

I’m suggesting to illustrate “ideas” on usage, not the actual code examples. though, with bootstrap, the person can just “show source code” from the browser. @jcasman and I might be able to help build some examples.

Good news! I have added mp4 support, so now you can covert 360 photos to videos in 3 formats: webm, mp4 and gif.

1 Like

I think 理光景达+ app is good for this issue……

It can get you in a difference angle to make people look like your view.

1 Like

Is there a link to google app store? It’s hard to find it if you don’t know Chinese (like me). Also, is there an english interface? I’d like to try it, but reading hieroglyphs isn’t an option for me.

I think it’s the THETA+ app. The interface on Android looks the same as the THETA+ app.

Installed it. Looks similar but not same. Maybe an older version, or special version for China market. Cool anyway, I like it.

It may be a special version for the China market. I did a search on the Chinese characters that were posted and the results showed the Chinese version of the RICOH THETA+ app.

BTW, thanks for updating your online tool with mp4 support. I just put this out on our Twitter feed and Facebook Page.

To all interested, an updated is out! In new version:

• completely new, cleaner interface;
  • more functionality:
    – can take frame from 360° image;
    – can convert 360° image to 360° video (no metadata, sorry, still have to use Google’s App for that);
    – can create video/gif animation from multiple still images;
    – can convert from equirectangular to cubic;

I am thinking to add more stuff + some extra for registered/subscribed users. Would be glad to hear a feedback on that.

Thanks and happy photo shooting!

3 Likes

Gene, thanks for the update. We’ll put this out on Twitter and Facebook.

2 Likes

Another update to the 360 photo to video converter.

New release improves user experience on mobile devices:

• gives more space by reducing / hiding unnecessary elements;
  • synchronizes images between all logged-in devices;

This last one is actually pretty cool - now you can login on your phone using email / password, upload images from your phone’s gallery, then login on desktop, and all your uploaded images will be automatically brought to the desktop workspace. No need to manually copy images from your phone to desktop and back. For now, while there are no paid accounts, images are stored only for 24 hours, which I hope would be enough to complete conversions.

Let me know what you think!

2 Likes

I added new nice feature to the converter. Now you can create tours from your 360° images.
Convert multiple images into shareable video tour right in your browser.

Another example (property tour):

2 Likes

I think you have a bug. When processing a batch of images, the portrait mode for instagram does not work.

Just tried and it converted them fine.
Can you explain what exactly didn’t work for you? Did it show any errors? Or maybe there were errors in the console?

2 Likes

HUGE update. In the new version:

• Filters for converted videos (such as black & white, sepia, etc.);
  • Watermarks: you can add custom watermark text on top of your videos / gifs;
  • Bulk conversions: you can convert multiple images and don’t have to wait for each video completion anymore;
  • Sharing: you can share your converted files with other people via links like https://360in.click/example;

Some options are only available for paid plans (such as custom 360in.click links) and some have limitations for free users (such as number of shares or files retention time).

Added By Moderator

Link to service:

2 Likes