Ricoh iOS Camera SDK error Can not find cameras

I have also notice that “httpConnection.startLiveView” method is consuming 100% CPU time. which is causing the issue. I have removed all the code inside this method just receiving the Data as a response but it is consuming 125% of CPU time.

Could you please provide us the direct live streaming view so that we can use that url in webview iOS Swift.

Hi, thank you for this additional information.

Here’s the status:

• @jcasman and I have a meeting with RICOH on Thursday. We will organize and relay the information on to them
  • @jcasman has a Mac and an iPhone and will try to replicate this problem
  • unfortunately, I do not have a Mac, but I am trying to borrow one. the problem is that I need to install 30GB of Xcode on someone else’s Mac and I’m not sure they will be happy with that situation. I have an iPhone that I can use for testing.
  • i’ll test the SDK on Android, which is not immediately helpful, but could help to identify the problem indirectly.

Thanks Craig,

This issue is the highest priority for us. Please us to fix this as early as possible. We have a customer demo. We have to show the POC.

Regards
Maksud

I am testing this currently. I am posting my initial results.

• Running on physical device iPhone 12, using iOS 14.7.1
  • Using ricohapi/theta-api2.1-ios-sdk
  • Connected by Wi-Fi to THETA Z1, using firmware 2.00.1

Video appears to be smooth. It does not appear to stick every 2-3 seconds as described. I’ll post a video of my test soon. I’ll send an email to get more information from you on the problem you are experiencing.

Is the 100% CPU utilization on the Z1 CPU or the iPhone CPU?

Thanks for your response,

I’m also using the same SDK but my device is XR, and iOS version is 14.0.1. The SDK is very laggy even I’m not able to scroll the images easily. That is not an issue We have fixed it at our end. but the only issue is live streaming. It would better if you can schedule a meeting with me today if it is possible.

iPhone CPU utilization.

Jesse used iOS 14.7.1 in his test that worked.

I bought a MacBook Air yesterday for the test at the local Apple store, but now I need to buy an USB-C to USB-A adapter to connect the physical device iPhone. I ordered the adapter online.

@jcasman has the livePreview working on iOS 14.7.1 with Z1 firmware 2.00.1. He’s trying to set up a meeting with you to collect more information on your setup.

Thanks for letting this know that you are trying to setup a meeting.

Moderator note: personal info edited out to protect privacy from spam trollers

@max_a I’m available now or 11:30am PDT (in 15 minutes from now). Can you confirm what time would work for you? Probably just need 10 minutes or so. Sending a DM as well.

I’m available now. please send me the meeting invite.

Regards
Maksud

Sent a google meet url to your email address. I’m on the line now.

Thanks, Could you please send an invite to email address as well pls

moderator note: email edited out to protect privacy of OP

Sent! Please check your inbox.

Hi Jesse,

I hope you are doing good, We are facing one more issue, I want to communicate with camera using Bluetooth instead of wifi. Because if I connect camera with wifi then I’m able to access the internet. So I want to do this via bluetooth. Please let me know if you have a SDK which support bluetooth connectivity

cc: @craig

There is only the THETA BLE API, no example code.

Notice of website closure

There was some experimentation with an easier method to test a few commands.

Thank you so much for the article. I’ll go through it and get back to you if there is any concern.

1 Like

Hi @craig @jcasman ,

I hope you are doing good. I’m facing one issue while connecting to Bluetooth. I have written the code to get the services and respective characteristics, But I’m not able to read or write anything.
I’m getting below Error.
" Error Domain=CBATTErrorDomain Code=1 “The handle is invalid.” UserInfo={NSLocalizedDescription=The handle is invalid.}"

Reference Doc:
https://api.ricoh/docs/theta-ble-api/camera_status_command/battery_level/

Can you confirm that you have gone through the BLE Getting Started document?

Getting_started

Service: "1D0F3602-8DFB-4340-9045-513040DAD991" (Shooting Control Command)
Characteristic: "ABB94D51-189F-455B-951D-ABE9B0333080" (ISO)
Property: Read
Service: "1D0F3602-8DFB-4340-9045-513040DAD991" (Shooting Control Command)
Characteristic: "ABB94D51-189F-455B-951D-ABE9B0333080" (ISO)
Property: Write
Value: 0x9001

Thanks @craig for your response,

I have already gone through the document link, I’m getting the services and characteristics but I’m ended
with below error.

Optional(Error Domain=CBATTErrorDomain Code=1 “The handle is invalid.” UserInfo={NSLocalizedDescription=The handle is invalid.})

Please help me, I’m completely blocked. I didn’t find any sample code on google or anywhere else. Your help would be appreciated if you provide me the sample code.