RICOH “Moku Moku” Meetup #4 - April 10 - Tokyo - in Japanese

The latest informal RICOH THETA get-together (no presentations but RICOH people are in attendance and can help with questions) has been announced.

Fee: None
Location: Shinagawa, Tokyo, 4 min walk from Shinagawa train station, Takanawa 3 Chome, 25-27 Avenue Takanawa, Maekawa Bldg., Room 1012
Address in Japanese: 東京都港区高輪3丁目 25‐27アベニュー高輪1012号室
Date and Time: Wed, April 10, 6pm

It says anyone welcome.

It says they’ll bring a certain amount of unlocked THETA Vs, so people without a camera are welcome.

It says Android beginners are welcome.

It also says if they’re able to bring a Z1, they will.

1 Like

I wonder whether they might be planning to stream their meeting live (or at least record a video of the meeting and post it)…

I looked at the event page, and it does not directly say anything about virtually attending the meeting, and it was not clear to me exactly who is the person that is sponsoring the meeting.

I do speak some Japanese (I consider myself to be an “advanced beginner”, having passed the JLPT N5 (Japanese Language Proficiency Test) exam, and I’m currently studying to take the JLPT N4 test in December).

I have not done much in the way of listening to technical/coding discussions in Japanese, so maybe it would not be very useful to me to watch such a stream, although I did watch an Engadget Japanese video segment about the Theta Z1 and I mostly understood what was being said.

エド

1 Like

OK I guess that the moku moku kai is more of a self-help get-together than a meeting where a live video stream would be useful…

Hey エド!

Yea, I think these are smaller get-togethers, you can bring your THETA V, there’s no presentation - or it’s kind of limited, not totally sure - but you can sit down and try to work through things and there are people there from RICOH and maybe others who have worked with THETA before to whom you can ask questions. Sounds like a cool setup to me. But, yea, not streamed. Where are you located?