In this demonstration I’m testing the API with a mobile android app, as shown in the article referenced below. Currently, I have tests showing different RICOH THETA API commands and requests. I intend to do more tests in the future such as Exposure compensation.
If you’re using a mobile app for testing the THETA API, I’d be interested in hearing your experience using it.
Reference: Using the THETA Web API without programming (Remote photo app)
- Name: RICOH THETA X
- Firmware: 1.41.0
- Reset camera
- Can be done through LCD on camera or using the API
- Delete all media on camera
- Can use USB cable, connect to Windows, delete through Windows explorer
Device to Test Camera
- Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab A8
- Model Name: SM-X200
- Android Version: 13
- Testing App: HTTP Request Shortcuts
camera.setOptions (to image) - This option didn’t start working until I added this as the content-type:
camera.takePicture - make sure this is the content-type: