THETA Selfie-Stick

Two new selfie sticks are listed on the RICOH THETA Accessories page and should be on sale soon.

Announcement

Specifications

TM-2 - larger version of stick

TM-3 smaller version

Camera Connection

Would be nice to actually test these sticks with the THETA and see if it eliminates the nadir.

Nice to have the joint be able to bend. However, I personally don’t use this bending feature. Do other people use this bending function?

I just do not understand why TM-2 has a bending joint. That’s why I choose TM-3 at last. In fact , i would rather choose a TM-2 without bending joint.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback on the bending joint. I actually don’t use the bending joint myself and I’ve always wondered if there was a technique to use it. It might be useful for Single Lens Shooting.

maybe you are right. And TM-2 could also be double as a cellphone selfie stick.
I also notice there are battery grip. What if TM-3 has a usb-C connector on the top while I can connect battery grip on the bottom.

Hello, are these selfie sticks more useful than a generic smartphone selfie stick ( I’ m using a benro mk10 without the ballhead) or better try the insta360 one ? Thanks

If you took the ballhead off, it’s likely to be the same usability.

If you place the selfie stick on the ground, I suggest using a weight at the base. You can use baseball bat trainer weights.

The THETA Z1 has a tendency to tip over when put on the end of a long monopod on a small base. You should test this on carpet with the case on the THETA to see the balance points for tipping over. Catch the tripod with your hand before it actually falls.

The most critical thing to look for is the factors that make the base stable and portable enough for your usage.

The official RICOH THETA Stand Weight, TT-1, is good. If it is too expensive for your budget, a baseball bat weight works good-enough for many people.

1 Like

Yes, It’ s that stick…so I will keep using It, I was thinking of buying the remote controller for the SC2 ( if It’ s worth buying It, if It helps) Thanks

Did the Benro Mk10 come with a Bluetooth Remote? If so, you may be able to pair the remote you already have with the SC2 bluetooth.

Not all bluetooth remotes work with the SC2, but there is nothing special about the official remote or the SC2 communication that blocks use of third-party remotes.

As bluetooth remotes can be different, RICOH has only tested a limited number of remotes. To lower support problems, they recommend the official remote from RICOH.

However, if you’re on a tight budget, you can try using existing remotes in your studio or home and it may work just as good as the official remote.

1 Like

Yes, I used the remote of the mk10, but I thought the official remote did something special, like switching between camera and video mode or whatever, I will keep using my remote, thanks

I don’t have the official RICOH THETA remote, the TR-1. However, from looking at the pictures on the RICOH site, it looks like it has only one button. I believe it works the same as your current remote. If it were me, I would just use your current setup. However, I would like to suggest again that you consider some type of weight like an ankle weight on the base or a baseball bat weight. This would be more important if you take outdoor shots on a hard concrete surface. For example, if you take shots from the driveway of a house to show the view from the entrance, then it’s worth considering adding weight to increase stability for the base.

1 Like