THETA V 4K Live Mobile Streaming - Free App

Have not tried yet. If you test it, please post your experience.

Author tested it streaming to YouTube and is in the process of testing it with Facebook.

Using Android terminal microphone, not the microphones on the THETA V.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=pac.livetrancecoder&hl=en

@jcasman, the really interesting thing is that this guy managed to get Android working with the THETA V live streaming, which is UVC 1.5. We’ve been working under the assumption that the Linux kernel doesn’t support UVC 1.5. The Android OS uses the Linux kernel. So, how did he get it to work? Consider sending him a note in Japanese?

The official forum, community member bernz had this to say…

Post by bernz » 20 Jan 2018, 00:37

Ok, just for your information, I missed the fact that the Camera offers a second USB configuration :oops: and that one describes UVC 1.5… even on Linux (Android)!

I want this information. please help get it.

So I’ve installed this. I’m a little irked it wanted the Contacts permission before allowing me to even get to any sort of page to configure YouTube. I did some magic to get it to avoid looking at the data in my contacts, but now am getting an error when I try to save/create the YouTube stream…

400 invalidScheduledStartTime

There are also mentions of a Pro version of the app since the free one only seems to let you stream for 10 minutes before you get hit with ads that require immediate acknowledgment in order to maintain another 10 minutes of streaming. However there is no Pro app available from them.

I’ve sent them an email, hope to hear back.

1 Like

Thanks you for the review of this app and the report back.

For what it’s worth my phone had been acting slower than normal since installing that app, even through phone restarts. Deleting it fixed the issue.

1 Like

Thanks for this report. I sent a note to this email address.

info@plannet.co.jp
1 Like