Theta V drop and does not work again

Hello everyone, I have a Theta V and it fell to the ground. In addition to disarming, when I want to start it it makes 5 beeps and then turns off. Similar to this video https://youtu.be/8HhSNjtQhB0
Is there a solution or way to format the camera?

1 Like

Hello everyone, this is my first time writing, I have read so many discussions on this site which is very comprehensive. My Theta V has been dropped several times but after closing the case it has always worked, I think that during the last update maybe the remaining battery charge was completely zeroed and since then it doesn’t work anymore, I can start the Theta and connect the smartphone via Wi-Fi, as soon as I open the official app but also other apps for spherical cameras the Theta stops working, beeps 3 times, flashes red and turns off. To turn it on again I have to hold down the power and wifi keys, repeat the connection operation and it turns off again. The Windows PC recognizes it and I can see the charge status, I can access the internal folder but I can’t insert files or photos. The Windows app allows me to connect the tetha and to manage the plugins by deleting or installing them and if I try to update the signature warns me that I have the latest available that is 3.70.1. I was convinced it was a battery problem since my Theta V is 5 years old and I replaced it with a compatible one. No luck. I contacted theta customer service but the repair would be at my expense and I don’t think it’s worth it since it’s already 5 years old. I would like to find a back up copy of the operating system or firmware but can’t find it anywhere.

There is no known way to roll back the firmware.

When you plug the THETA V into the Windows computer and right-click on the icon, what percentage charge does it show? Have you left it plugged in and charging overnight?

1 Like

Hi Craig, thanks for your interest. The battery I changed with a compatible one works perfectly, it shows the right charge , while with the original one now 5 years old it went from 100% to 40% in seconds.

Today I received the email from theta to log in as a developer, so I hope to be able to solve in some way

1 Like

Oh, did you resolve your problem with one of the THETA V cameras?

I replaced the battery on a THETA V I had and the battery is still working after four months. I just used the camera today.

1 Like

Craig, I haven’t fixed anything yet, I’m waiting to use developer credentials to be able to access the V’s memory, I’m very sure the problem lies there, due to a negative battery spike while doing the penultimate firmware update.

This is the battery I used.

1 Like

Managed to solve? I have the same problem

Did you replace the battery?

my problem is when the camera connects via wifi it immediately turns off

what version of the firmware are you running inside the camera?

Version 3.70.1

Obter o Outlook para Android

What color is the battery status indicator light on the side of the camera?

Overview Of Battery Status Lights for THETA V

Light is on the power button on the side of the camera.

80% or more Blue
50 to 80% Yellow
30 to 50% Lights red
Under 30% Flashes red

Hi. I am having the same issue as you. Did you managed to solve your issue? My country’s Ricoh does not offer repair services to discontinued product so I am looking for any possible solution.

Thank you

1 Like

Hi Kris, sorry but I dont fix the problem. Best regards