THETA X Multi-Bracketing

We discussed this requirement for more brackets on the X as well as unstitched images on the brackets.

RICOH has not made an official statement on upcoming features.

However, my personal guess is that unfortunately, at the current time, there are no plans to have these features in the next few firmware updates. Additionally, it is not clear if there is a technical limitation with the memory for the continuous shooting (burst bracket mode). The THETA V may have increased the bracket count based on user feedback, but the THETA V images are much smaller with each image taking up less memory.

Hi Craig,

Thanks for the info and the help, I guess the stitch would be easier but the extra bracket may be harder as you said cause the memory, my guess they may try and see or maybe is straight imposible let see.

thanks again!
JO

I believe the RICOH staff will try different things based on your feedback and feedback from the community for VFX and photogrammetry. However, I want to be realistic about what to expect so that it doesn’t negatively impact buying decisions.

The team at RICOH are busy with stabilizing the THETA X core features as the camera recently launched. I feel that it is unlikely that we can expect any updates in the bracketing or stitching in the next few firmware releases.

Realistically, although the community feedback is very much appreciated and valued, the requests from large customers are going to take priority. I feel that any company would operate the same way.

The good news is that there is a channel to get your feedback to management. However, I do not believe we will get a clear response in the next month or two.

The exception to this would be if there was an existing fix or if there is a bug in the expected core functionality.

If I hear anything, I will report back.

@JO_CG curious what your work around has been , every cg sup has different asks, its a shame Ive tried to roll out the theta x for our onset sups , but it seems that low end (darker set) is problematic and the range is sadly not there at 16000 shutter speed.