If you would like to install the useful command line tool for THETA API developed by Oppkey used in articles like Using BASH Scripts To Easily Test THETAs and Saving HDR _filter Setting to mySetting, please go to:
The registration and the command line tool are free. Binaries are available for Linux, Windows, Mac and Raspberry Pi. Or you can compile the code yourself!
For Mac, I ran into several security steps after downloading the binary. This may not happen to you. @codetricity said he had no problems.
- I downloaded the Mac binary and unzipped it
- I had already connected my MacBook Air directly to my THETA Z1. It’s best if you set up two Wi-Fi networks, one to connect to the THETA and one to connect out to the Internet. But it’s not required.
- From the command line, I tried running a basic command ./theta app --version to test if it’s installed correctly. I got this:
- I went in to the Apple menu and System Preferences. Under Security & Privacy, it said that “‘theta’ was blocked from use because it is not from an identified developer.” You can click Allow Anyway.
- I tried running it from the command line again. This time, I got the warning:
- I clicked Open.
- I tried running ./theta app --version again. It responded with 0.1.1-alpha. That’s the anticipated response; it works!