0x5001: 100
  0x5002: 0
  0x5003: "5376x2688"

according to documentation here Image_size
I believe a smaller image size of 2048x1024 is also supported,
but my attempts to change the property via ptpcam does not work

Camera: RICOH THETA SC2
'Image Size' is set to: "5376x2688"
Changing property value to 2048x1024 [(null)] FAILED!!!
PTP: Invalid Device Prop Value
❯ ptpcam --set-property=0x5003 --val="2048x1024"

Changing property value to 2048x1024 [(null)] FAILED!!!
❯ ptpcam --set-property=0x5003 --val='"2048x1024"'

Changing property value to "2048x1024" [(null)] FAILED!!!
gphoto2/gphoto2 --list-all-config
/main/other/5003                                                                                                                                                                                   
Label: Image Size                                                                                                                                                                                  
Readonly: 0                                                                                                                                                                                        
Type: MENU                                                                                                                                                                                         
Current: 5376x2688                                                                                                                                                                                 
Choice: 0 5376x2688                                                                                                                                                                                
END 

gphoto2 seems to disagree with the usb api documentation. is the documentation wrong?

firmware version: 1.64

The USB API documentation does not list the image settings of the SC2. The only models listed are Z1, V, S, and SC. The SC2 is a different model.

If you notice on the documentation for the Z1 and the V, the image shooting resolution cannot be changed. I’m assuming that the image shooting mode can’t be changed for the SC2 as well.

We can verify this with the webAPI. There is a parameter for fileFormat.

File_format

Based on my tests setting the fileFormat with the SC2, I do not believe it can be changed from 5376x2688.

I will add this feature request to a report that I send to RICOH. Can you let me know what the application or use case is for capturing lower resolution pictures with the SC2?