Easiest workflow to use your ThetaZ1 & becoming a Google Local Trusted photographer

I just did excactly the same thing! I thought, ‘damn, I’m clever!’ then uploaded all the images in the (crap) Street View app. It uploaded them all under one blue dot. Like you, I had all the settings set for the Theta app. Tres annoying!

Should’ve used the dual fish eye plugin as suggested.

I use the Dial Fisheye Plugin all the time for interior tours, and it does inject the GPS metadata. This particular location has wide open spaces with nowhere to hide, and while I’m very good at removing myself from the images in post, it was the perfect use case for Time Shift so its disappointing that it doesn’t work.

Next time I will try using Dual Fisheye to take 2 shots per location and use the median stacking method to remove myself from the images in post, but that’s going to take considerably longer.

Any ideas why it doesn’t work?

Agreed. The Street View app is hot garbage and Dual Fisheye is fantastic, but if you can’t hide and don’t want to brush yourself out of 79 images, then Time Shift would have been the ideal solution. It’s too bad it falls short in the GPS department.

oh, I understand now. The time shift plug-in did not inject the GPS metadata. I misread the earlier post.

I haven’t tested it, but if it doesn’t have the GPS metadata in the image, it may be because the trigger for the time shift plug-in is a web GUI and it may be difficult to inject the GPS data from the phone into the image.

@jcasman , this would be good to test and put into the next agenda with RICOH.

Yeah that makes sense. It wouldn’t have access to any of the Theta app’s permissions including GPS. Triggering it manually with the shutter button would also yield the same result.