Introducing Street View Studio: The easiest workflow is coming to RICOH THETA users

@biviel correct. This weekend i attempted to record footage like i have done hundreds of times in the last 18 months. It is full deactivated and will not even allow the app to start recording.

Thanks for tge update @Ben_Konrady , I will check my version of app and try to see if it allows to record. If internet is disabled when i start the app I dont think it will be able to disallow.also if you unimtall and i stall again using an apk archive, you should be able to connect it to z1 and start recordinh. I will come back to you next 1-2 days.

Wow, that is horrible.

Are you thinking of building a streetview plug-in for the Z1?

@craig , i was thinking to include this funcionality in my plugin. In theory if my plugin can record low fps video in8k and also get a gps data file, Studio could be used to upload to street voew. @Juantonto , what is your opinion, if there is a separate file with gps data but also a ready to upload video, would that reduce your work? Video is required to include spatial data or its not required? Clearly covering conplete workflow would take too much effort, im just checking how much would above help in the process…thanks

Hi @biviel
Thank you for your effort to improve the ability of Z1.
I do not prefer shooting videos on Z1. The video files are always the large size and not easy to edit.

My workflow is as follows.

1. shoot images(7.3K raw) 2-3 meters apart on foot.
  2. edit the nadir and remove some artifacts(lens flare… eg.)
  3. set Yaw/Pitch/Roll and re-align on Maps with Pano2VR
  4. convert the collection of JPGs to .mp4 and .gpx in JPG2VID
  5. upload those 2 files from Street View Studio
    done…

Captured in Z1, 7.3K Blue Line

I don’t need videos.
Toyo

3 Likes