Live Streaming - Discover the Sea ROV - Wi-Fi from THETA V

nothing … I have tried in various ways but I manage to do client mode with the mobile access point … I have also tried it with another independent mobile for the open access point but it has not been linked either … to try with another mobile than Xiaomi

Are you using a y-splitter?

RICOH THETA Live Streaming

At 4K, the THETA V overheats. With fan, tested for 10 hours streaming straight. Without fan, tested at 27 hours continuous streaming at LOWER resolution.

Write down bullet points for your test configuration in as much detail as possible:

• camera model, firmware
  • plug-in name, version
  • mobile phone model, OS version
  • 5GHz or 2.4GHz (can be set on both the camera and the phone)
  • confirm you can connect from your mobile phone to the camera with Access Point mode (the mode where the Wi-Fi icon is blue). This will help to identify if the Wi-Fi channel or frequency is problematic
  • Confirm you are starting the plug-in from the mode button on the physical camera body, NOT from the official mobile app.
  • does the green Wi-Fi LED ever turn solid green?

NOTE: When the phone is the hotspot for the camera, you can’t connect to the camera with the official mobile app that is running on the hotspot. This is a problem with the official mobile app. However, you don’t need to connect with the official mobile app to start the plug-in.

Update 3/10/2021 afternoon

I tested the Z1 with a hotspot and it worked fine with no problems.

• Z1 with firmware 1.60.1
  • Android - Google Pixel 2 running Android 11
  • Wi-Fi 2GHz

Tip: Do you have the camera in Developer Mode? If so, attach Vysor to the camera and see if there is an error message on connection.

theta V camera latest updated version. Wireless Live Streaming add-on latest version. MI8 Android 10 phone. I have tested with 5ghz and 2.4ghz. If you connect the camera with the mobile with the access point, blue wifi. I have also managed to connect client mode with physical router. When I complete the client mud settings I press the camera button for a few seconds and the Wi-Fi symbol starts to flash green. The mobile loses the connection with the camera. The camera keeps searching for the Wi-Fi connection, it blinks green. I restart the phone application and when I can’t make the connection through the camera, I try to do it from the mobile phone, at that moment I get the message that the camera is not found and that maybe it is not compatible … the blinking of the Green wifi turns off and the blue symbol starts to blink … Yes, I have managed to do client mode through the router and if the green LED was fixed, I could also control the camera from the mobile in client mode. I still have not managed to do the client mode with the mobile

If your phone is the hotspot, you can’t use the mobile app from your phone.

ok I supposed … that’s why I tried another mobile with the same access point and it didn’t work either. furthermore, the camera never connects to the access point … the green led blinks until it turns off …

It seems like you’re doing everything correctly. I can’t replicate the problem with my phone and camera. I can use my phone (Google Pixel 2) as the hotspot. However, it’s possible that it doesn’t work on all phone hotspots.

Although it’s not working, you can at least feel that you really tried the best you could. If you have it working on the Wi-Fi router, it should work on the mobile phone hotspot. We’re stuck at the moment.

Yes, the truth is that I do not know where to continue to try to remedy it … I want to sincerely thank you for all your collaboration and the time you have dedicated to me … you are incredible … thank you very much

1 Like

Good morning Craig, in the end I have managed to pair the ThetaV in client mode with the mobile. When things don’t work out it’s always better to start over from scratch so I reverted the phone to its original state and started configuring and updating all systems again. When everything seemed to be fine again I tried pairing and it worked perfectly. I have done it with two different ThetaVs and with two different mobiles and everything has worked correctly. I just wanted to thank you for all the help and confirm that the client mode connects with Xiaomi phones. By the way I am already with the ROV configuration, I am waiting for the ThetaZ to arrive to perform the configurations and tests, I will tell you about it. In a week in Europe it is Easter and we hope to be able to do a live show with the Discover the Sea Project of 45 minutes of immersion. If we are not able to configure it to go live, at least we will make the recording and then we will broadcast. The idea is to do a live immersion to make a projection in the Squares and Parks of the main European cities, Madrid, Paris, Rome, Berlin, …, but the Pandemic I do not know if it will allow us since the restrictions have returned severe mobility. Let’s see if we can do it at the end … a greeting and thanks😉

2 Likes

Where do you intend to publish the live broadcast or recordings? What is the Discover the Sea Project? I would be very interested to see it.

Hello Jcasman, Jesse,

Thank you very much for your interest in the Discover the Sea Project. The intention is to be able to carry out the broadcasts Live, for now and until we solve the connection of the camera and the ROV to be able to control the camera from the surface and receive the data, we will continue making the recording and then broadcasting the contents. I leave you a synthesis of the Project that you can also find on the website - https://www.subacutic.com/Descubre-el-Mar.html - and on our instagram account @subacutic

1 Like

@IMAX_PLAY , first congratulations on getting the video to work for your project. I hope that your company appreciates your determination and commitment to the project. This is a great personality trait that I am sure helps you overcome many obstacles in life.

Second, thank you for reporting back on the success. It is gratifying to hear that you will be able to share the wonderful undersea world with other people. Increasing interaction with the natural ocean is a great way to help people to appreciate underwater plants and animals and thus work to protect the environment. With all the environmental challenges future generations will face, it is critical that people experience the beauty of the ocean today.