Raspberry Pi 4 Compute Module $25, Jetson Nano 2GB for $59

Raspberry Pi now has a Compute Module available for $25. Although we have not tested the Compute Module, we have used the Raspberry Pi 4 with the RICOH THETA USB API and it works fine. Information on getting using the USB API from an RPi4 is available on the Linux Streaming Site, which now also has USB API information.

Note that at the current time, we do not have Live Streaming working from the THETA using any Raspberry Pi board. We only have Live Streaming working with the NVIDIA Jetson Nano and Jetson Xavier small board computers.

We have a demo of the Raspberry Pi working with the USB API to control the camera from a Raspberry Pi touchscreen using Flutter.

Jetson Nano 2GB

We have not tested the Jetson Nano 2GB. We have tested the 4GB model. The 2GB model is available for $59. I don’t know how the streaming would be affected by the lower RAM. In my tests, the Jetson Nano 4GB model struggles with the 4K stream under certain application. If I were buying equipment, I would first buy the 4GB model and then test the 2GB model once my application was running to see if I could get by with the lower memory.