Solved: Unity Can't Display THETA V Live Stream on Windows 10

Hello? Are you all still here?
I have a couple of questions. I’ve got 360 camera but it’s not THETA, it’s Insta360. So um… I can’t realize how you remove this black gaps on your sphere. What does this shader do?
(Solved: Unity Can’t Display THETA V Live Stream on Windows 10)
And what do you do in regedit? Is this thing for searching webcam or for… turning my webcam with 2 lenses into 2 webcams with single lenses?
I can’t resolve my problem with black gaps for a week.
Please help. Thanks in advance.

The THETA V outputs 4K equirectangular live streaming video. I’m not familiar with the insta360. You may want to ask someone on the insta360 developer site. If you do decide to purchase a THETA V, it also has the ability to develop plug-ins inside the camera.

Good luck with your project.

@codetricity Does THETA V support Linux ? Is there any possiblity that we can use your unityPack on Ubuntu?

Thanks In Advance

@codetricity THETA V Does have Linux Driver , So we can directly use THETA V on ubuntu with unity package that you have provided?

I think it’s likely that you won’t be able to use the THETA V working on Linux for the stream :frowning:

It’s likely that you’ll need to do a dual-boot and install Windows or MacOS on another disk.

thx,i can play it’s video in unnity,but the video aways at low fps. cpu i7,gpu 970.Is there a better solution for this?

Do you mean that you’re getting considerably below 30fps?

yes, with 4k model,that below 10 fps,i use webcamtexture to get theta v 's live video

Other people have reported this problem, but I can’t replicate it.

This is old, but I just used it a few weeks ago on my laptop and I was getting close to 30fps. We used the demo at several events with hundreds of people. I suspect something has changed with Unity to reduce the fps, but I can’t replicate the problem.

Can you share the code base you are testing?

Hi all, I’ve gotten pretty far with this post, great work all, but streaming has this weird segmentation.

Any advice.

Thanks
Chris

There’s a newer discussion at the link below.

Also, improved technique from @RicoB

Thanks Craig, the skybox worked for me. Just what I wanted. Thank you

2 Likes

@Christopher_Paton, thanks for reporting back on the success. It helps others.

The original Unity examples in this topic are old and I should reorganize the examples to help people find the updated information.

Let us know if you create something cool. :slight_smile:

Trying to set up telepresence robot operation.

Just trying to learn unity to get oculus quest controllers mapped.

You may find these articles interesting.

The examples below are not using Unity. The developers for the two projects below are on this forum. You may be able to exchange ideas on implementation.

You sir, are a legend. thank you.

Chris

1 Like

Hello everyone.

I am using Theta V for a project, wherein I want to get the live stream from the camera on the screen of a phone, such that it can be viewed in real time using a VR headset (so the picture format has to be such). Could anyone please help me out?

Wired or wireless, either type of communication works. The only requirement is that the lags must be minimized. I am looking for some existing apps or methods which could help me achieve the above stated aims.

Thank you.

You can test out the Lockheed Martin Amelia Drone app. View it in a browser and use A-Frame (included in the app) to set up the interface with the VR headset.

Otherwise, use the RTSP streaming method by @Hugues.

You can either run A-Frame in a browser or using a WebView (untested with the app) in your mobile project.

Thank you.

The Amelia Viewer app did work for getting the live stream, with very less latency. However, we did not understand how A-Frame is used. I would appreciate if you could help us out with some guide or documentation to set up the interface with the VR headset/mobile phone.

I also wanted to ask how the VR headset/mobile phone is connected to the Amelia Viewer app. Is it a wired connection (through a USB cable) or is there some other way to connect them?

There is extensive information here:

https://wiki.rit.edu/display/P203190/Amelia+Drone