Stream to Youtube

Please post your YouTube Stream Settings screen. Is the 360 video switch flipped?

BTW, this playlist of streaming video tutorials may be of interest to you.

1 Like

thanks, for the fast response. the 360 switch is flipped. i will be in the atelier again tomorrow…then i can upload a screenshot of the stream settings screen including the error message. i have already watched your videos but i will rewatch in case i missed something about the wireless streaming. i think youtube kind of expects me to use an “encoder” such as OBS to stream to the youtube servers in their expected format… which i don’t use when wireless livestreaming from the camera through the plugin.?

1 Like

Have you tried the plug-in from @biviel ?

The developer is active on this forum and has it streaming at 4K.

1 Like

good morning, here is the screenshot from youtube when using the HDR Wireless Live Streaming plugin from @biviel.

hi, @weterpeibel ,
thanks for checking the plugin I created!

May I ask you which “Stream settings” did you pick there? IS “normal latency” selected?

According to youtube/google, 2160p should be fine for 4K resolution streaming.
https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/6396222?hl=en

During my tests I did it was working, there were some audio problems at youtube.

With facebook live it worked without any audio issues.

We are also working on our own platform, that would provide you better quality for sure and no issues with resolution.

Anyway video should work fine toward youtube too, in 4k, unless there may be a specific restriction in your country? Which country are you trying to stream from?

Regards,
Laszlo

1 Like

hello lazlo,
i am streaming from germany.
i have changed the setting to normal latency. it seems to work now… i am testing right now via this link: test - YouTube

1 Like

the sound is jittering, it sounds like a too small buffersize on a audio interface. is there a solution for that already? edit: as i read in the other thread it is a known issue for streaming to youtube? facebook is not an option for us since we need to stream 24/7. how about your plattform flow.tours?

Hi! you may also have to add some cooling/vent to the cam for sure. I need to leave now, will come back a bit later.

it can work, but these servers cost, I run dedicated servers, etc. 24/7 the service I’m building may not be the best for you. But also at youtube it’s limited for sure. Audio is an issue, their reencoding is the issue. In facebook it’s not, on my platform it’s also not an issue. lets do some tests, I will also start on my system some testing soon, I can grant you access before that to see. laszlo.bvarga@webandbuild.com

Regards

1 Like

Sounds good , we will write you next week .
Have a Nice week-end.
Frank

1 Like

As the developer is active on the HDR Wireless Live Streaming Plug-in Development, that is likely the best and most advanced solution. However, as there may be a cost associated with the backend video processing, you are likely going to weigh your options for technology and cost.

You can also run the RTSP plug-in from the robot to a nearby laptop with Wi-Fi and then use VLC on the laptop as a video source for OBS. Additional information on this technique is here.

You’re likely going to run into heat issues if you run any streaming plug-in for 24 hours at 4K unless you use a fan or attach heat sinks to the camera.

hi @weterpeibel,
I can setup for you a timeslot to test whole day long Monday. My servers are in Germany, Frankfurt. About “cost”, I don’t know, that’s going to be determined mainly during beta testing from my end. I need more use cases and tests, will open soon for public self service based booking of live stream events. However I think that this kind of live streaming needs dedicated servers for best quality, regardless if you do it via OBS or directly encoded in camera like my plugin.

Anyway you are at the right place to get some help and not only about Theta cameras! @craig and @jcasman and other members helped me a lot, Ricoh should be really happy with them and this community.

Enjoy your weekend!

Laszlo

2 Likes

good morning,
@biviel: thanks for the offer to make a test through your server. first we must find a soulution for the heat issues. we will try the heat sinks and the fan solution. once that is stable we are ready to make the test. we will keep you updated. in an older post i found a picture of your camera with heat sinks… did you test that setup in long time streaming 8 hours+?
@craig we will try the rtsp solution these days and keep you updated.
have a nice day.
frank

Hi! sure, you are welcome, seems as an interesting project you do. If you use my plugin and switch video mode to dual fisheye mode, that mode is only supported by my platform for now, in that video mode camera is able to work about 20-25% longer according to tests I did. And also quality is the best if HDR dual fisheye mode is picked. I have some hidden settings available to lower FPS a bit and decrease heating issue, depending on your use case, but it needs testing. In a room temperature (20°C) with heatsinks I was able to stream for hours, but camera was moving too which helped to cool the device down. I did not stream more than a few hours, but a clip on fan may also help a lot. I know that Ricoh did some long tests, but it was probably an air conditioned room and with airflow around the cam.
Regards

Someone from the community tested the Z1 streaming with the Wireless Live Streaming plug-in.

These were the results.

The 4K streaming option may only appear when the Internet bandwidth is sufficient, for example, more than 20Mbps.

System requirements - YouTube Help

The Wi-Fi capacity needs to be around 100Mbps (3-5 times the 20Mbps Internet requirement)

Tests were done in an air-conditioned office.

Note that in the tests at my house, I can’t get the Z1 to stream with the plug-in for 24 hours unless I use additional cooling. However, winter is coming. Maybe the change of the season will help.

my speed test shows: download 179 Mbps, upload: 88,3 Mbps
i have some good results with a fan attached to the camera (and i may actually use 2, the second one just underneath the other one) for now and will watch that during the upcoming tests. the museum is air conditioned anyway and the robot is moving all the time.:wink:

1 Like

hi, @weterpeibel looks primising! however I would attach the second one to the other side and move down by at least 4 cm. This vent that is visisble should be also moved down to the same position… My only concern here is the audio, right at the vent position is a microphone I think, should move down a bit for sure. best would be of course if the vent would not be attached directly to the camera body because of potential vibrations that is very close here to microphones.

Laszlo

hi!

I can confirm that the test works for now it’s running for 4 hours with your single fan, using HDR Dual fisheye mode set and streaming via my platform.
https://www.flow.tours/en/product/90

Will run for another hour and a half from now on according to schedule.

You could use this too: Univerzális mobiltelefon lusta cső klip tartó rugalmas hossz to hold the fan and attach to the stick.

2 Likes

yes, it’s super promising. it’s just a small 5v raspberry pi fan. additionally to the foto i have added a little piece of tape as a kind of wall next to the lower little hole which is one of the microphones to avoid the fan from blowing into the mic. sounds good so far. fan noise is very low. temperature stays low too. the flow.tours website and laszlos HDR livestream plugin work smoothly. we will do some more testing…

2 Likes

I wasn’t sure that a pure, silent fan can so efficiently cool the camera. Frank, thanks for the test as I told you it’s good for me too! I’m now really pushing a self service platform to put to beta and Theta Z1 will take a significant part in it for sure. I did tests with multiple camera and in real life environmnet, especially live streaming I think Z1 is better than Qoocam 8k Enterprise, image quality, sharpness, etc. I do not want to compare it with Insta Pro, as weight, mobility was important for me. I’m jsut said that I couldn’t finish yet all development work as Z1 still has some hidden potential in it.

If there will be a bit faster Theta camera, it will be the BEST 360 caemra for lives treaming with a slight change on Z1 hardware: 1. adding a silent fan 2. 30% more CPU power 3. encoding chip GPU to encode into VP9 or h.265 all the rest could remain the same… May be an 5.7k resolution growth in live streaming and thats all.

1 Like