Theta Z1 live streaming error -- Red led flashes with a quick beep, then the camera shuts down.

Hi, guys,

I got a trouble when trying to livestreaming the theta z1 using my computer. Much appreciate it if you could help me out.

1. Firstly on windows OS, I tried to use MPC-HC to open the theta z1 in the live mode, as officially described in here. I am very sure that I can see the LIVE icon on the oled screen, but when I open the capture device in the MPC-HC, the theta z1 shuts down after red leds flash with a quick beep.

2. Secondly on Ubuntu 18.04 OS, I tried to livestreaming theta z1 with libuvc. Then I follow the following instruction here and here to install libuvc, gstreamer, and v4l2loopback. I am sure that the lib is installed successfully, and LIVE icon shows on the oled screen, but the same wired thing occurs:

After I type the “./gst_loopback” or “./gst_viewer” command, the terminal shows “start, hit any key to stop”. And at the same time, the theta z1 shuts down after red leds flash with a quick beep.

So, why’s that? I just bought the camera yesterday, and it frustrates me. SO sad.

Post the following:

• charge capacity of the Z1
  • firmware version
  • Windows driver version you are using

For Linux.