Upload street view files

I recorded street view in “video mode” with Theta V and download the files to a external drive for to upload it later in office with better WIFI. Back in office I can’t transfer the streetview files back to Theta V so I can upload them on Google maps with my mobile. Any other option to upload the Theta V streetview files ? via PC ? Thank you

@Chris_du_Plessis Hey, good question. I’m not 100% sure I know, but there are a multiple Google Street Views (GSV) experts in the community. I’m “tagging” a couple down below, they should get a notification, hoping they’ll add more info.

Here’s what I believe, though I’m not an expert with GSV:

• Once you’ve pulled images off the THETA, you can not put them back on

However,

• Your THETA images could still be in your Camera roll/Google Photos and if so you should be able to access them from your Street View app from there
  • If the images are on your desktop machine, you should be able to upload into GSV that way

Hey @Juantonto , @Gary_Howard , @Sydney_Wood , @Peter Any extra help or tips you can add here?

Plus, maybe helpful, maybe not, but here’s the full list of GSV experts using THETA:

Thank you

Your THETA images could still be in your Camera roll/Google Photos and if so you should be able to access them from your Street View app from there
CANT BECAUSE THE APP ONLY IMPORT 360 PHOTOS , I DID A STREET VIEW IN VIDEO MODE

If the images are on your desktop machine, you should be able to upload into GSV that way
CANT BECAUSE ITS NOT A LOCATION OR A PROPERTY JUST A WALK WAY, GSV YOU CAN ONLY UPLOAD 360 PHOTOS ON A PROPERTY CALLED GOOGLE MY BUSINESS.

I WHERE THINKING TO OPEN UP THE THETA V TO INSERT A SAN DISK INSIDE MYSELF IS ONLY OPTION LEFT.

I do not think there is a way to insert a card into the THETA V. I believe the storage is a chip that is soldered onto the main board and not the industrial microSD card that the THETA S had.

I’m not familiar with Google StreetView videos.

What’s the problem when you connect the camera with a USB cable to your computer and move the video file from the computer to the camera?

Does the video file need to be a special location on the camera for you to be able to upload it to Google Streetview?

I have not used this feature before.

Google StreetView videos.
IS WHEN YOU WANT TO MAKE A STREET VIEW OF THE ROAD, SO YOU OPEN THE STREETVIEW APP ON YOUR MOBILE, THEN CONNECT THE THETA V TO THE CAMERA, THEN WINDOW OPEN UP HIT START RECORDING ON VIDEO MODE BUTTON AS YOU WALK.

What’s the problem when you connect the camera with a USB
DOES NOT WANT TO COPY “PASTE” IS GREY OUT.

Does the video file need to be a special location on the camera.
IS ACTUALLY SO , ITS HOW YOU IMPORT THE VIDEO FILE TO YOUR PHONE VIA APP, THEN UPLOAS TO GOOGLE MAPS

If you transfer the video file from your Windows PC back to the THETA V with a USB cable, can you then use your mobile app to import the file from the THETA V back to your mobile phone?

Yes that will be great if that’s is possible … please can you do something firmware or a hack or a code Thank you

@Chris_du_Plessis We have a little more info on importing video files into your Google Street View app over here:

If you’ve learned anything since you were first asking about this in August, any feedback or new information would be really appreciated. Neither @codetricity nor I are super savvy about the Street View app. (I’d like to learn more!)

Hi, folks.
Importing error issue has been resolved on the latest version of Street View app.

I confirmed it with;
Fujitsu arrowsM03 Android 6.0.1
Street View App ver.2.0.0.212828415

This error occurred on any devices of Android4.4 - 6.0.1 due to getContentLengthLong crash.

Hope it helps.
Toyo