I am trying to upload a movie of a path that I walked along, onto the Google StreetView app.

Hi.

I have just bought a Ricoh Theta Z1. I am still learning how to use it for uploading images onto Google Street View. I was told that if I do it in movie mode, it will automatically blur out people’s faces and plate numbers of cars when I upload it.

Yesterday, I put my Ricoh Theta Z1 on a tripod stick, slid the stick into my backpack with the Theta above and then I did a 20 minutes walk along the path (separate from the road) with the Theta viewing the walk in movie mode for all that time. In doing so, I used the Theta app on my iPhone to record the walk.

When I returned home, I connected my Theta to my iPad, opened up the Theta app and downloaded the movie from my Theta to the images app on my iPad. I then opened up the Google Street View app and tried to transfer the movie across to the Street View app in 2 ways. First I tried to transfer it from the Images app on my iPad to the Google Street View app. But I had no luck. I also tried connecting my Theta to my iPad through the Google Street View app. I successfully connected my Theta to the Street View app, but I still was not able to transfer the movie from my Theta to the Google Street View app. Therefore I cannot upload the movie onto Street View.

Also previously, I tried doing Street View with my Theta with the Theta connected directly to the Street View app on my iPhone. I did it in Interval mode. That task was successful, however, it did not automatically blur out people’s faces and plate numbers of cars. It said that I had to do it manually.

I want to respect people’s privacy. However I feel that the app should be able to automatically blur out people’s faces and plate numbers of cars automatically. Otherwise, if I do it manually, it is going to take too long.

Can someone please help me out regarding this matter?

Regards
Matthew Green.