Viar360 is part of the Ricoh THETA unofficial developer ecosystem, if you’re interested in being profiled, register at http://theta360.guide/ecosystem/
What is Viar360?
Viar360 is a platform for turning 360 content into interactive stories. It is a web application that involves a four-step story-creation process and can be used on any device that has an internet connection. You can share your story easily with a URL link on Twitter, Facebook, and email, or embed it on a webpage by using an iframe code. This platform doesn’t require any coding knowledge, so the barrier to entry is very low.
The platform covers every step of 360 content story creation, such as:
- Prototyping - quickly and easily create an outline of your story and plan out your transitions.
- Hosting - your story will sit on their hosted servers, where it will stream through a web browser on all devices, from mobile phones to VR HMDs.
- Creating - turn your 360 content into an interactive story with branching story paths, action triggers, popups, and embedded images or videos.
- Collaborating - revision is easy when using “comment hotspots” and reviewing exactly where your story needs improvement.
- Measuring - the heatmap tool tells you where people are keeping their attention focused, allowing you to analyze which aspects of your story are most successful.
- Story editor - use drag-and-drop tools to connect one media to another using transitional hotspots. You can individually edit each file by entering “edit mode” and double clicking the content you want to edit.
- Producer-caliber tool - the revision hotspot allows clients to review a story and make comments directly in the story itself by pinpointing, with commentary, the exact position that needs to be changed.
- Interactive hotspots - input rich text, links, video links, and even audio that the viewer can interact with.
Viar360 has a free trial that you can find over at http://www.viar360.com/. All you have to do is register with an email address, and a confirmation email will direct you to where you can choose a username and password for access.